Reload this Page >

Hairdresser in Calgary

Hairdresser in Calgary

Old Apr 16th 2013, 11:37 am
Just Joined

amie301285 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Hairdresser in Calgary

Hi all,

I'm moving to Calgary on the 15th of May, and my most pressing concern is one of finding a new hairdresser (of course!! lol).

At the moment I pay around £80 for a cut and full head colour, and I'd be looking to pay around the same for a good quality hairdresser. Could anybody recommend one?

Thanks,

Amie
Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

mrmrshunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hairdresser in Calgary

Hi - we are currently trying to locate to calgary to be with family - my cousin is a hairdresser in Alberta - i can find out details for you and let you know if its of any use to you

Ainsley
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I have been quoted $120 for a semi permanent alone here. I have resorted to doing it myself at home. I have very dark hair and very few grey and I just want it dyed its natural colour to get rid of a few grey so nothing fancy!

A decent cut is around $60.

I was shocked at the price of colouring. My mobile hairdresser in the UK did it for £20!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
I have been quoted $120 for a semi permanent alone here. I have resorted to doing it myself at home. I have very dark hair and very few grey and I just want it dyed its natural colour to get rid of a few grey so nothing fancy!

A decent cut is around $60.

I was shocked at the price of colouring. My mobile hairdresser in the UK did it for £20!
Is it wrong that those prices don't shock me :-S lol
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amie301285
Is it wrong that those prices don't shock me :-S lol
Do you live in London by any chance?
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:40 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

I had a root touch-up, a few foil low lights and trim yesterday...$146. It's not cheap....but I would have been paying about GBP90 back home.....if you want your hair to look nice I suppose this is the price we pay

Oh how simple being a chap must be....$10 for a quick cut. Bliss!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch!!! I've been wondering the same thing.... Maybe I'll just have to grow old gracefully (and be stuck with a mousey blonde colour/ few grey ones in the mix too....) instead
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:58 pm

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Yep, would be the simple way to go but when those grey ones start waving, I - just - can't - ignore - them

Keep in mind though that I am in the GTA so I expect I'm paying GTA prices....
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Do you live in London by any chance?
No - but I've paid up to £150 in the past to have my hair done. As others have said, that's the price we pay to look nice! Lol.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

No - but I've paid up to £150 in the past to have my hair done. As others have said, that's the price we pay to look nice! Lol.
£150?! Blimey. Mine's £70 for highlights, cut & blow dry at an nice salon in the South East of UK.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
£150?! Blimey. Mine's £70 for highlights, cut & blow dry at an nice salon in the South East of UK.
Is that including cut and blow dry? If so, that's a bargain!!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
£70!!!! That's definitely a bargain!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

TanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond reputeTanieBird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I'm moving to Calgary on the 15th of May, and my most pressing concern is one of finding a new hairdresser (of course!! lol).

At the moment I pay around £80 for a cut and full head colour, and I'd be looking to pay around the same for a good quality hairdresser. Could anybody recommend one?

Thanks,

Amie
HI Amie

Depending on where you end up and how far you are willing to travel, I have a great girl who does my hair at Angles in Mackenzie Towne High Street. Her name is Andrea and I love the way she does what I want, but can also suggest things when I am at a loss of what to do. Again it's not cheap - expect $150 and up for cut and colour - but I am so please with the results. I am long overdue a visit to her (just checked my last appointment card and it was from December 8th!!!!)

Good luck with the move
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you just love it that we're moving halfway across the world and the only thing bothering is where to get our hair done! I love it that we have got our priorities straight!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TanieBird
HI Amie

Depending on where you end up and how far you are willing to travel, I have a great girl who does my hair at Angles in Mackenzie Towne High Street. Her name is Andrea and I love the way she does what I want, but can also suggest things when I am at a loss of what to do. Again it's not cheap - expect $150 and up for cut and colour - but I am so please with the results. I am long overdue a visit to her (just checked my last appointment card and it was from December 8th!!!!)

Good luck with the move
Sounds good :-) I actually drive for 20min to get to my current stylist, so there's no limit ton how far I'll go for a good haircut!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.