Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Gutted ! Air transat are no longer taking pets!

Gutted ! Air transat are no longer taking pets!

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:28 pm
Happy as a pig in treacle

claire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Gutted ! Air transat are no longer taking pets!

Air Transat told my hubby (Bob aka Snowman) that as of last week they are no longer taking pets!

Adds £900 to the bill:curse: :curse: to go with Air Canada!

Anyone know of another courier?

C
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gutted ! Air transat are no longer taking pets!

Just typical after I have just bought cat boxes to transport them in. Does this mean we will have to pay a fortune for a pet transport company to take them, as Air Canada don't fly direct from Manchester to Calgary, and I don't fancy having to take two kids and two cats via Heathrow.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:00 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by claire bob and matt
Air Transat told my hubby (Bob aka Snowman) that as of last week they are no longer taking pets!

C
I think Zoom airlines still take pets

Worth a try

Eddie
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Voyager970

Worth a try

Eddie
Only as cargo though not as excess baggage
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

polarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Voyager970

Worth a try

Eddie
If you are flying zoom you have to use Ladyhaye.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! Does that mean we're stuck with the big carriers? Arrrrggggggg!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:54 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

C
I hope that means they are no longer taking bookings for pets - we're flying with them on 21 May with 3 dogs and have bookings (at least we hope we still do!)
Old Apr 24th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

polarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The TWs
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! Does that mean we're stuck with the big carriers? Arrrrggggggg!
you can use your own carriers with Ladyhaye.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 3:42 pm
Benjy

benjy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by polarbearmum
you can use your own carriers with Ladyhaye.
Hi,

Just checked with ladyhey in Surrey. To fly my cat to Calgary in Oct from Manchester will cost 585.00 inc of their crate. Hope this helps. I was concerened I too would have to ad to his (the cat) stress by driving to Heathrow from York...thank god I don't!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gloveman
I hope that means they are no longer taking bookings for pets - we're flying with them on 21 May with 3 dogs and have bookings (at least we hope we still do!)
You're fine gloveman Their website says it applies to bookings made on/after 15th April.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by polarbearmum
If you are flying zoom you have to use Ladyhaye.
We're flying with Zoom and our cat is (hopefully!) on the same flight through Jet Set Pets. Manchester to Calgary, including the travel box for her was £418 for June.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:49 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
You're fine gloveman Their website says it applies to bookings made on/after 15th April.
Thank goodness for that!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

zoom are definetly doing it.....my cat is flying with us in june going from glasgow to ottawa.
but she dosent get any luggage allowance which is a bummer
Paul
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:38 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulCall
zoom are definetly doing it.....my cat is flying with us in june going from glasgow to ottawa.
but she dosent get any luggage allowance which is a bummer
Paul
Out of interest are you using a company to transport your cat?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

C
I don't understand you people, KILL them! Get new pets in Canada!
If you had to pay for your kids to go with you would you worry about money???
Look at your faces :-0

Last edited by steve666; Apr 24th 2007 at 8:50 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.