Wikiposts

Guns Etc

Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:14 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guns Etc

Originally Posted by G77
Is it the actual machine gun or the "right" to own one that's passed down? Presume it would be the right, otherwise the guns themselves would be getting a bit long in the tooth now!
It's the right to hold a specific gun, so yes, such weapons are getting on a bit. Nonetheless some of them, particularly the AK47, are designed to go on forever. I don't know how fast the technology evolves, nor the exact date of the law, since we don't hear of mayhem I suppose it's not causing any sort of a problem.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
I have a license for hand guns and semi-automatic long guns. It's about as difficult to get such a license as it is to get a library card. With such a license one can go to Wal-Mart and buy an unlimited number of shotguns, rifles and hand guns with small magazines. It's next to impossible to get a license for a fully automatic weapon but this regulation, indeed any form of gun control, is quite new and anyone who had such a weapon in the seventies can retain it (the heir of such a person can also retain the weapon). The rate of legal gun ownership in Canada is at least as high as in most states and higher, obviously, than in regulated locations such as NYC.

Practically speaking heavy weaponry such as the M50 is not much of a factor in street crime, the country is awash with illegally held hand guns and it is these that are used. An open border with a country without gun control doesn't help but Canadians also buy, and lose, an amazing number of guns. Gun crime here is common in the way that knife crime is in the UK. One of my daughters works in a hospital where they always have multiple patients with gun shot wounds, "how come the police never shoot anyone once?" she wonders.

Of course, the pattern here, as in the US, is that nearly all gun crime occurs in narrowly defined geographical areas; poor ethnic city neighbourhoods such as North York and Scarborough. Out here, in the far exurbs, we hear gun shots most every day but it's porcupines, raccoons and groundhogs that get blasted.
What the bloody ell is wrong with North Yorkshire and scarborough!?:curse: Scarborough is a beautiful place and north Yorks has many beautiful and historic towns/villages (that's if you ARE refering to the UK )
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:45 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skyturner
(that's if you ARE refering to the UK )
No he is not.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
No he is not.
Certainly not. I've not been up there, I do hear it's grim though.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:43 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently I have nothing more to contribute than silly youtube clips:

Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

dthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond repute

Guns are an integral part of people's live in Canada. Guns are far from a rural phenomena and permeate our precious society. In Montreal, the "school shootout capital of the world" guns are cheap, plentiful and often carry one in the chamber.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89c...nique_Massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concord...rsity_massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawson_College_shooting

And where to buy them legally:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&um=...e-results&cd=1
Attached Thumbnails Guns Etc-taxidriver2_jpg.jpg  
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

ee by eck lad, tha's ne'r been t' north? well "it's grim up north" is an ancient saying relating to the colder weather, the north covering a very large area. All uk (and Canada/us have their poorer "ethnic" area's but I certainly would not classify Scarborough or generalise North Yorkshire within that group. Gun crime is mainly in the inner cities Manchester (moss side), Liverpool, London etc.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

ee by eck lad, tha's ne'r been t' north? well "it's grim up north" is an ancient saying relating to the colder weather, the north covering a very large area. All uk (and Canada/us have their poorer "ethnic" area's but I certainly would not classify Scarborough or generalise North Yorkshire within that group. Gun crime is mainly in the inner cities Manchester (moss side), Liverpool, London etc.
The Scarborough and North York suburbs of Toronto, otoh, while demographically varied do include the city's scariest neighbourhoods.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

The Scarborough and North York suburbs of Toronto, otoh, while demographically varied do include the city's scariest neighbourhoods.
Let me get this right......Scarborough Canada, or Scarborough UK?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:12 am
Assimilated Pauper

Let me get this right......Scarborough Canada, or Scarborough UK?
Canada. Toronto, suburb of.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Canada. Toronto, suburb of.

LMAO No bloody wonder then. I am defending the UK here. Then I recind my previous comments as I am unfamiliar with ontario suburbs. Sounds dangerous I think I will stick to the UK Scarborough (fair) and North yorks.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Gazruss is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a license for hand guns and semi-automatic long guns. It's about as difficult to get such a license as it is to get a library card. With such a license one can go to Wal-Mart and buy an unlimited number of shotguns, rifles and hand guns with small magazines.
Excuse me....i too have gun licenses, am i member of several gun clubs, and the Toronto Sportsman Assoc.......you ever heard of the need for an ATT......where can you "go into a Walmart" and buy a handgun? Water pistol maybe..... Without being a member of a gun club you can not LEGALLY buy a handgun because of the need for the ATT.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:41 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Gazruss
Excuse me....i too have gun licenses, am i member of several gun clubs, and the Toronto Sportsman Assoc.......you ever heard of the need for an ATT......where can you "go into a Walmart" and buy a handgun? Water pistol maybe..... Without being a member of a gun club you can not LEGALLY buy a handgun because of the need for the ATT.
I was thinking of the Wal-Mart store in Orangeville but I suppose any one would do.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Gazruss is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking of the Wal-Mart store in Orangeville but I suppose any one would do.
you mean paint gun right?, or BB
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:54 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Gazruss
you mean paint gun right?, or BB
Sure, if it's a restricted weapon, you need permit for the specific route over which the gun is to transported, gun store to home, home to club, home to other club but not for the specific journey - it's hardly an onerous restriction.

Are you in disagreement with the central point, that anyone in Canada can have lots of guns if he or she so desires?

Last edited by dbd33; Jun 2nd 2008 at 5:56 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.