Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Gunman on the loose - Moncton

Gunman on the loose - Moncton

Old Jun 15th 2014, 5:54 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gunman on the loose - Moncton

Originally Posted by scootb
I see that Australia despite its firearms ban is experiencing an all time high in firearms related crime!
I guess gun control really does work after all.
Yeah lifting the firearms ban would clear that up and no doubt reduce fire arm use.

Your logic is absolute genius.

More guns less shootings. I see it now.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

MountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Yeah lifting the firearms ban would clear that up and no doubt reduce fire arm use.

I'm just going to leave this link here as playing devils advocate is always fun.

Disarming Realities: As Gun Sales Soar, Gun Crimes Plummet - Forbes

The figures say exactly that gun ownership has increased and gun related homicide rate has decreased in the US
Old Jun 15th 2014, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

To Rae:

It was the police officer that shot the raccoon for no reason other than to show off.

Last edited by chanceUK; Jun 15th 2014 at 7:51 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 8:00 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MountainHiker
I'm just going to leave this link here as playing devils advocate is always fun.

The figures say exactly that gun ownership has increased and gun related homicide rate has decreased in the US
Good article.

It highlights in their stats that 70% of homicides are caused by guns and only 40% of guns are acquired illegally on a survey of inmates.

So in theory whilst it does suggest no correlation between number of guns sold and people killed by guns it does allow for room that tighter gun controls would cut the percentage rate of homicides.

None the less nice that some one has finally put out a tangible article to read.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 8:00 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by MountainHiker

Good article.

It highlights in their stats that 70% of homicides are caused by guns and only 40% of guns are acquired illegally on a survey of inmates.

So in theory whilst it does suggest no correlation between number of guns sold and people killed by guns it does allow for room that tighter gun controls would cut the percentage rate of homicides and crimes committed using guns.

None the less nice that someone has finally put out a tangible article to read.

Also worth doing some research on the author of the article who has a history on writing controversial articles.

Last edited by JamesM; Jun 15th 2014 at 8:04 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 2:01 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chanceUK
To Rae:

It was the police officer that shot the raccoon for no reason other than to show off.
Sad to hear that. Getting a ride along with a knob can put people off, sure it is just a one off, I would not believe this tool if he says everyone does it, he is trying to justify his actions.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Good article.

So in theory whilst it does suggest no correlation between number of guns sold and people killed by guns it does allow for room that tighter gun controls would cut the percentage rate of homicides and crimes committed using guns.

None the less nice that someone has finally put out a tangible article to read.

Also worth doing some research on the author of the article who has a history on writing controversial articles.
There have been plenty of articles for you to read,you are simply too ignorant to accept them!
There will be some changes to the firearms act in Sept/Oct this year I hear
Old Jun 20th 2014, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Well as I said,the firearms ban seems to be working wonders for Australia does it not lol.