Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Goosey Goosey Gander in Nova Scotia

Goosey Goosey Gander in Nova Scotia

Old Dec 7th 2009, 3:53 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goosey Goosey Gander in Nova Scotia

Anyone know where I can pick up a goose for Xmas dinner?

And before any smart arses arrive - I am not going outside and catching a canadian goose. I want mine plucked and ready to throw in the oven please !
Old Dec 7th 2009, 3:56 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goosey Goosey Gander in Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by AmyDavid

And before any smart arses arrive - I am not going outside and catching a canadian goose. I want mine *ucked and ready to throw up please !
I'll get the OH to cook it for you then
Old Dec 7th 2009, 3:57 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

And before any smart arses arrive - I am not going outside and catching a canadian goose. I want mine plucked and ready to throw in the oven please !
How would you know if it was Canadian or not?

They don't carry I.D.

Canada Goose my dear not Canadian.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been on the lookout for goose fat but so far nolt a hope in hell!
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:31 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
How would you know if it was Canadian or not?

They don't carry I.D.

Canada Goose my dear not Canadian.
Ooh they do carry ID here in NS - must just be an Atlantic Canada thing...
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:39 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

"I say and maintain, that of all torcheculs, arsewisps, bumfodders, tail-napkins, bunghole cleansers, and wipe-breeches, there is none in the world comparable to the neck of a goose, that is well downed, if you hold her head betwixt your legs. And believe me therein upon mine honour, for you will thereby feel in your nockhole a most wonderful pleasure, both in regard of the softness of the said down and of the temporate heat of the goose, which is easily communicated to the bum-gut and the rest the inwards, in so far as to come even to the regions of the heart and brains." [Gargantua and Pantagruel]
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Oink
"I say and maintain, that of all torcheculs, arsewisps, bumfodders, tail-napkins, bunghole cleansers, and wipe-breeches, there is none in the world comparable to the neck of a goose, that is well downed, if you hold her head betwixt your legs. And believe me therein upon mine honour, for you will thereby feel in your nockhole a most wonderful pleasure, both in regard of the softness of the said down and of the temporate heat of the goose, which is easily communicated to the bum-gut and the rest the inwards, in so far as to come even to the regions of the heart and brains." [Gargantua and Pantagruel]
I must admit I do love a bit of bum-gut with my christmas roast spuds.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

And on a more serious note.

I am told by the locals that if you ask at the butcher counter in superstore they will get one for you (havn't tried it yet though). Another place to try may be the butchers on Main Street (Wright Brothers I think it's called).
Old Dec 8th 2009, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
And on a more serious note.

I am told by the locals that if you ask at the butcher counter in superstore they will get one for you (havn't tried it yet though). Another place to try may be the butchers on Main Street (Wright Brothers I think it's called).
lol Thanks Lynn - I will pop in tonight and ask them.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen frozen ones in the freezers at Superstore - along side the frozen ducks/turkeys etc.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Chookie
I have seen frozen ones in the freezers at Superstore - along side the frozen ducks/turkeys etc.
Now I am going to sound like a wierdo but I don't buy frozen meat - I can's stand the taste of it when it is cooked!
Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:05 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albertabound
Ive been on the lookout for goose fat but so far nolt a hope in hell!
You can get goose and duck fat here. Its $7.00 mind, but it does about four to five rounds of roasties and you can freeze what don't use.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:22 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Now I am going to sound like a wierdo but I don't buy frozen meat - I can's stand the taste of it when it is cooked!
It doesnt sound weird to me. How do you feel about slow cooker cooked meat? I think that is weird, apart from ground beef, pork.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Scotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really nice

Do Geese have to apply for P.R to
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
You can get goose and duck fat here. Its $7.00 mind, but it does about four to five rounds of roasties and you can freeze what don't use.
Hi Oink, who sells it please. It doesnt sound too expensive either compared to other things
Thanks
Tina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.