Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Google street view coming to Canada

Wikiposts

Google street view coming to Canada

Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:17 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Google street view coming to Canada

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Let's see. Thatcherism is not nice at all, oh no!

Best I can do at short notice.
Have you been drinking?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Let's see. Thatcherism is not nice at all, oh no!

Best I can do at short notice.
Hmm, disappointing, very disappointing.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

i've just used google maps for france (place de la concorde)/usa (central park) and australia (hyde park) and youre right faces dont appear to blurred per se but its certainly not clear to identify someone straight away! car rego's are blurred though
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

sijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nice

Originally Posted by G77
Hope the google car is "domestic" for driving around Windsor - unless they fancy getting abuse from the locals
Yeah and Google had better use some photoshop to make the place less like a third world city. Thank god it doesn't record smells!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:44 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sijamie
Yeah and Google had better use some photoshop to make the place less like a third world city. Thank god it doesn't record smells!
Are you in Windsor? Hope they're not taking images at the moment - the strike is making parts of the city look like Detroit I think T.O. are at it from next week though, so it's not just the militants down here

I don't know why they don't just stick two fingers up at the unions and outsource - cheaper and less BS!
Old Jun 29th 2009, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

sijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nicesijamie is just really nice

Originally Posted by G77
Are you in Windsor? Hope they're not taking images at the moment - the strike is making parts of the city look like Detroit I think T.O. are at it from next week though, so it's not just the militants down here

I don't know why they don't just stick two fingers up at the unions and outsource - cheaper and less BS!
Yep, I'm in Windsor. I totally agree with you bon the outsourcing but I have to be careful what I say, all my wife's family (she's a Windsor native) are or have been in car related industries and apparently the unions were a necessary evil back in the day. I'm with you though, get rid of the lot of them, they're lucky to have any job at all!
Old Jun 29th 2009, 2:01 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sijamie
Yep, I'm in Windsor. I totally agree with you bon the outsourcing but I have to be careful what I say, all my wife's family (she's a Windsor native) are or have been in car related industries and apparently the unions were a necessary evil back in the day. I'm with you though, get rid of the lot of them, they're lucky to have any job at all!
I don't really see that they have an argument - how many people get benefits after retirement these days? I certainly don't.... They're only taking them away for NEW hires too, not like it's even going to affect the current workers. Think they're taking the pee to be honest!

How many Brits have you ran into in Windsor? I know one couple I met on here, I met guy one on the Robert Q bus to DTW the other week and that's it.... Doesn't seem to be that popular with Brits here (not sure if that's a good or bad thing....)