Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Google to list property ....

Google to list property ....

Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:29 am
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of
Default Re: Google to list property ....

Things are always changing in real estate. If the 'competition act' regulators get their way they are wanting the ability for buyers being able to go straight to the sellers and by pass the realtor.

So why would I list a house for seller, do the advertising etc when there is a chance that i could not get paid if a buyer goes direct.

Like wise why would i spend hours and days with a buyer when they could just go to the seller and buy it direct and again I would miss out on getting paid.

I do not know if the new rules proposed and discussed by CREA are going to go ahead. Within a short time everything could be on google.

But i do know that myself and most of the realtors i know will not compromise their ethics with sellers and buyers by not showing a house.

There are plenty of jobs where you do not have to compromise your ethics and can still get paid. I will just change my jobs.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:30 am
Just Joined

JonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really nice

I have to say that most of my clients are aware of MLS (realtor.ca) but pretty much always ask me to send them the realtor version of the listing as it has more information on it, they use realtor.ca to get a general idea of things and pricing.

One of the disadvantages as far as buyers are concerned with the google listings or FSBO (for sale by owner) type listings is the lack of information (lots of info probably missing for condos, not so much for houses) but also the lack of a documented history on the marketing of the property which they do get with an MLS listing.

Talking about getting an good idea about a neighbourhoods demographics etc. you would want the same thing in a house. Lets say the agent had no qualms about showing the google listing and the seller did agree to pay a comission to the introducing agent, and there was a similar property on the next street, I think the agent would be more comfortable advising their buyer client on the listing with more info (MLS listing) and would recommend pursuing that one with more confidence (this is without considering the regulation of the listing agents and disclosure requirements etc. whereas a homeowner may be inclined to gloss over things when asked to clarify).

I have to say I don't think any of these FSBO type systems will ever take more market share than they already have.

The other problem with the system is that the seller is motivated to use the system by selling at market value and walking away with 5% more than they would have when using an agent and the buyers are motivated by the hope of getting a house for 5% under market value as the seller doesnt have to account for agent fees. How to settle that one!?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:34 am
Just Joined

JonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really niceJonBeaches is just really nice

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
As I said above, I would love to know how realtors acting for purchasers will react to showing their clients houses that are so listed, knowing full well it is likely that the vendor will not pay their commission. The whole "I will act in your best interest and your's alone", will be put to the test then. I suggest that at least one realtor that has commented on this thread would not show his/her clients to that house, no matter how well it fits their requirements. Non existent professional ethics me thinks
If the agent has a decent offer he will tell the seller he has an offer and if he/she wants to see the offer he/she must agree to pay a commission if they accept the offer, (we do actually have a form specifically for this purpose).

If you were selling what would you do in this situation, you want to sell your house don't you?

Edit: The agent would have visited the house already to see if it was worth showing his/her client and would know the likelihood of the client being interested enough to make an offer beforehand so would be prepared and would explain what would be happening to their buyer client before visiting the property.

Last edited by JonBeaches; Dec 6th 2009 at 5:39 am. Reason: clarification on scenario
Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:38 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helen Parnell

But i do know that myself and most of the realtors i know will not compromise their ethics with sellers and buyers by not showing a house.
Utter C R A P, it has Sweet FA to do with ethics, its what can be called the shotgun or blanket approach. The more houses you show the more likely you are to make a sale.

The alternative of course is (assuming you bother to do your research properly) show them the house(s) you have listed, then show them the other Sh1te thats out there. Your listing looks even better et voila double 'commission'
Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:50 am
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of

I do not know you and you certainly do not know me.

Please do not say i would do or not do something just for money or double ending something.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:58 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I do not know you and you certainly do not know me.

Please do not say i would do or not do something just for money or double ending something.
1) Does it matter if we know each other?
2) Did I SPECIFICALLY say YOU operated that way?
3) Does the phrase 'the lady doth protest too much' mean anything to you?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Things are always changing in real estate. If the 'competition act' regulators get their way they are wanting the ability for buyers being able to go straight to the sellers and by pass the realtor.

So why would I list a house for seller, do the advertising etc when there is a chance that i could not get paid if a buyer goes direct.

Like wise why would i spend hours and days with a buyer when they could just go to the seller and buy it direct and again I would miss out on getting paid.

I do not know if the new rules proposed and discussed by CREA are going to go ahead. Within a short time everything could be on google.

There are plenty of jobs where you do not have to compromise your ethics and can still get paid. I will just change my jobs.
Really??