Goods to follow list

Wikiposts

Goods to follow list

Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

JulesinUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goods to follow list

Hi,
I wonder if anyone has been in the same situation and can advise.
We are landing in October for just a one week visit and plan to move out to Canada next summer (due to kids A Levels and GSCEs)
How have others gone about the Goods to follow list when you are in fact not moving out for quite a few months and haven't even decided what to take?
Any advise welcome!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:41 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods to follow list

Originally Posted by JulesinUK
Hi,
I wonder if anyone has been in the same situation and can advise.
We are landing in October for just a one week visit and plan to move out to Canada next summer (due to kids A Levels and GSCEs)
How have others gone about the Goods to follow list when you are in fact not moving out for quite a few months and haven't even decided what to take?
Any advise welcome!
My husband landed Christmas 2005 and had a list of everything (itemised on the appropriate forms) that we thought we would be shipping (nearly the whole household to cover ourselves) and got it all stamped at customs, Calgary airport. Make sure you total the value of each page separately, and then a grand total. We were only in Calgary for two weeks and then returned home. It took a while to sell our home and we are moving out permanently this October. Hope that helps.