Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Goods to follow

Goods to follow

Old Oct 9th 2021, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goods to follow

Looking at bringing a few items back that I included on goods to follow form when I landed/became a PR a few years ago. They'll be with me when I fly, so part of luggage. Not sure what I need to do for when I land as all the information I have read related to items that have been shipped and would arrive via mail/courier into Canada. Is there some sort of form I need to fill in and refer to the landing form I signed when I became a PR?

Sorry if this has been answered before I have searched high and far for the information but can't find it.
Old Oct 10th 2021, 1:30 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods to follow

Originally Posted by Leaf25
Looking at bringing a few items back that I included on goods to follow form when I landed/became a PR a few years ago. They'll be with me when I fly, so part of luggage. Not sure what I need to do for when I land as all the information I have read related to items that have been shipped and would arrive via mail/courier into Canada. Is there some sort of form I need to fill in and refer to the landing form I signed when I became a PR?

Sorry if this has been answered before I have searched high and far for the information but can't find it.
From what I remember, you take a copy of your original 'stamped' goods to follow list with you and present it to the officer on arrival, stating you have bought some of the items on your GTF (personal accounting document B4) list with you. The officer should check off any items that are on it ) you may need to show them)... then ask you if you have any other items that are still to be shipped.. if no, they will do a final stamp and sign off - if you still have items that may come later, they should sign and return the list to you.

Calling Former Lancastrian for confirmation

Old Oct 10th 2021, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
From what I remember, you take a copy of your original 'stamped' goods to follow list with you and present it to the officer on arrival, stating you have bought some of the items on your GTF (personal accounting document B4) list with you. The officer should check off any items that are on it ) you may need to show them)... then ask you if you have any other items that are still to be shipped.. if no, they will do a final stamp and sign off - if you still have items that may come later, they should sign and return the list to you.

Calling Former Lancastrian for confirmation
Correct.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicat...2-2-1-eng.html

Paras 28, 29 & 30 of the above link.
Old Nov 11th 2021, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that's perfect, thank you very much for sharing that. Things have been so hectic recently I've been trying to get on here and follow up.

Thank you