Goodbye.....

Old May 31st 2012, 2:15 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye.....

Aww T-Pot, good luck with everything in the future.
Old May 31st 2012, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

T-Pot
sorry to hear this is not going to work out for you

Best of wishes for your future
Old May 31st 2012, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes for whatever else comes your way.
Old May 31st 2012, 8:19 am
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light

thanks all for your lovely messages. We are among the 2007 applicants that are not yet in process and will therefore be 'binned'. I haven't exactly put my life on hold but am a but miffed that after 5 years of waiting we are no further forward.

I have looked at other routes into Canada but don't seen to meet the criteria, plus OH haa lost interest so feel it's time to move on to something else - not sure what that is yet but I'm sure something will come up.

So long and thanks for all the fish.......
Old May 31st 2012, 12:15 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Aww T Pot, big hug

El_Richo is right, Canada isnt all that, well my bit isnt any way.

Move to Kent with CP and live happily ever after, I wish I had never left it - dont get me started!

Old May 31st 2012, 2:25 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Aww T Pot, big hug

El_Richo is right, Canada isnt all that, well my bit isnt any way.

Move to Kent with CP and live happily ever after, I wish I had never left it - dont get me started!

I'm not far behind you on this train of thought you know
Old May 31st 2012, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I'm not far behind you on this train of thought you know
I suppose it depends on what part of the UK you came from. We came over from South Devon, so to be honest, Calgary and the rest of Alberta are a major disappointment. However, a friend of my wife's came from Bradford, and wouldn't go back there for any price!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

T-pot sorry to hear you are leaving us. I wish you all the very best and I am sorry you are one of many who have become a victim of circumstance of the pre 2008 queue.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by T-Pot
As it looks like our 'Canadian Experience' is not to be the time has come for BE and I to part company.

It has been getting harder and harder to read (both positive and negative) posts from those who are starting their new lives, knowing that I will not now be joining you. I sit here with a lump in my throat after reading a really positive post from Lvh76 - I wish you well with all my heart!

I will really miss some of you (CP, Mandymoochops, Dollface, Novocastrian, Dbd33, Alan2005, 4bells, Miss Clinique, Piffpoff, El_Richo, RICH among too many others to mention), I will certainly miss those of you who have made me laugh over the last 5 years - even those no longer with us because they just had to say something else!

So good luck all of you, especially those 2007ers still waiting.

Jo (AKA T-Pot)
All the best mate. Canada is an amazing country. I am sorry and ashamed that the current signifying order has done this. They are..... well, you know! Disgusted and gutted!

All the best.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 7:04 am
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light

Actually it's not all bad news - while Canada kept me waiting I got busy and acquired a couple of qualifications. I found out yesterday that this means I have enough points now to apply for emigration to New Zealand

One door closes and another door opens.....

I may well still be lurking about!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Actually it's not all bad news - while Canada kept me waiting I got busy and acquired a couple of qualifications. I found out yesterday that this means I have enough points now to apply for emigration to New Zealand

Sounds like a plan!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:11 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Good news. Sounds like it wasn't Canada in particular you were aiming for, just 'somewhere else'.... maybe it's working out for the best.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoshiPal2010
I suppose it depends on what part of the UK you came from. We came over from South Devon, so to be honest, Calgary and the rest of Alberta are a major disappointment. However, a friend of my wife's came from Bradford, and wouldn't go back there for any price!
Yes, this is the key thing - everything is relative and subjective. Much depends on your personal circumstances. My kids would have to be dragged to the UK. We had an extended visit there a few years ago and, although they liked some parts, they just couldn't see themselves living there. I prefer North America (could live in Canada or the US) but my wife and I can at least picture ourselves living quite happily in certain parts of the UK - at least in theory. Of course you can get yourself into an unhappy situation anywhere. People have moved from unhappy situations in the UK to happier situations abroad - and vice versa. You can't always accurately judge and label an entire country based on just your own personal experience. It's possible for someone who is unhappy in Canada to move to a much happier situation within Canada. Same goes for the UK. Much about happiness actually depends on attitude. Some people just make themselves unhappy.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Canazon is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck...
Old Jun 1st 2012, 3:09 pm
Here for now

Skimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud of

T-Pot, best of luck for the future. Sorry that you didn't make it to Canada but all the best for whatever you decide to do next. I feel very lucky that we got our visas before the old old queue finally ground to a halt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.