Reload this Page >

Good Realtor Halifax, NS

Good Realtor Halifax, NS

Old May 4th 2010, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Paul and Bec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Realtor Halifax, NS

Hello again,

I was wondering if anybody knows of a good realtor who would let furnished apartments in/ around downtown Halifax.

Me and my husband are flying over on the 19th and have been on sites like kijiji etc but most are just sublets for summer break and we need something a little more permanent, and as we are entering on a BUNAC visa we won't be shipping furniture over until we know that we are secure in jobs and have the PR ball rolling so fully furnished at the moment for us a must!!!

Please could you get in touch if you know of any good realtors or know anyone wanting to let a furnished apartment in the downtown halifax area.

Thanks

Becca and Paul
Old May 4th 2010, 6:53 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Realtor Halifax, NS

Originally Posted by Paul and Bec
Hello again,

I was wondering if anybody knows of a good realtor who would let furnished apartments in/ around downtown Halifax.

Me and my husband are flying over on the 19th and have been on sites like kijiji etc but most are just sublets for summer break and we need something a little more permanent, and as we are entering on a BUNAC visa we won't be shipping furniture over until we know that we are secure in jobs and have the PR ball rolling so fully furnished at the moment for us a must!!!

Please could you get in touch if you know of any good realtors or know anyone wanting to let a furnished apartment in the downtown halifax area.

Thanks

Becca and Paul
Hi,

As far as I am aware, Realtors don't generally have rentals on their list. You can look on the web and in local papers. I have only seen a small amount of rental properties in the 3 years I have been here, but then I haven't really been looking

Hopefully someone else will know more
Old May 4th 2010, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice

Hi
The chronical hearld newspaper list a lot of rental properties every week. Most of the lads I work with found their rentals that way.
Old May 4th 2010, 9:17 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

sadly furnished rentals are rare and exceedingly expensive. Usually you are looking at the suites offered at hotel/motel places. i dont know what your income will be when you are here, but it might be worthwhile renting and hiring furniture when you are here. The best thing to do with renting is come here and find it in your first week. Nothing is easily achieved online beforehand. You really need to see the areas and see the places for yourselves. Hiring furniture is possible from Bay Rentals, however, I would ring/email them and ask about security deposits or whatever they require, because when you come to canada you will likely have no credit rating and will need to use a UK credit card or give a deposit.

Might be a better answer and offer you more flexibility.

Good luck! If you need ideas on locations, just shout out.
Old May 5th 2010, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Poppy2
sadly furnished rentals are rare and exceedingly expensive. Usually you are looking at the suites offered at hotel/motel places. i dont know what your income will be when you are here, but it might be worthwhile renting and hiring furniture when you are here. The best thing to do with renting is come here and find it in your first week. Nothing is easily achieved online beforehand. You really need to see the areas and see the places for yourselves. Hiring furniture is possible from Bay Rentals, however, I would ring/email them and ask about security deposits or whatever they require, because when you come to canada you will likely have no credit rating and will need to use a UK credit card or give a deposit.

Might be a better answer and offer you more flexibility.

Good luck! If you need ideas on locations, just shout out.
Realtor we used was great and has about 40 (I think) rental units in the city - will PM you her details.
Old May 5th 2010, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: Good Realtor Halifax, NS

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your advise! We're trying to get a few appointments set up before we go but obviously know it'll be easier once we get to Halifax...two weeks today!!!

Think that hiring the furniture would be a good idea...didn't even know that you could do it to be honest but could save us a lot after looking at the price difference!

How difficult would it be for us to get a credit rating once in Canada and could this prove to be a big problem?

Thanks

Becca and Paul
Old May 5th 2010, 10:01 am
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of

We used Premiere Suites in Halifax.They have fully furnished apts from basic to rather plush.Not cheap, but cheaper than a hotel.
It might be wise to book something like that for a couple of weeks until you find something.

Originally Posted by Paul and Bec
Hello again,

Thanks

Becca and Paul
Old May 5th 2010, 10:41 am
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.. we found the same problem trying to get furnished rental property. We are moving out in 3 weeks, and have now taken an apartment in Bishops landing, waterfront, halifax. Looks fab.. but again, not cheap.
If you end up there, give us a shout!! We are staying for 6 weeks till our container arrives.
p.s we managed to get a 10 % discount for quoting a recommendation from a realtor. PM me if you want his details.
Lorna
Old May 5th 2010, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

barrett will become famous soon enoughbarrett will become famous soon enough

buy a bed new when you arrive, (I've just purchased a nice double size for about $400 taxes in) the rest i'd shop on Kijiji for deals on used furniture, use a patio set for a dining table (i have one you can have!), just rough it instead of paying 2x (or more) than a normal rental. You won't be home much anyways, you'll be working & exploring!
Old May 5th 2010, 11:19 am
Just Joined

THank you again for all your help, we've been on craigs list this morning and a few other realtor sites and hopefully we can sort of get the ball rolling lol! Think we'll be trawling kijiji etc now in search of furniture!!

Thank you everyone for your help and any more advise would be greatly appreciated!

Becca and Paul

Old May 9th 2010, 2:00 am
Just Joined

heatherj is an unknown quantity at this point

You could check out this website for rentals
thequaichapartments.com
Old May 9th 2010, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Tommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant future

Hey

I stayed at Bishops landing (courtesy of prem executive suites) in 2008 for a couple of months and they are great. Swimming pool out the back fro the warmer weather too, but they aren't cheap.

Other end of the scale you may want to check out;

http://www.ancillaries.dal.ca/default.asp?mn=1.9.1955

http://140.184.59.141/ocho/ochApartmentSearch/

Mainly student sublets but a cheap way to get you started. I've been away and am heading back in June so pretty much in the same boat.
Old May 9th 2010, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

Hi Barrett,

Were you able to buy a bed and get it delivered straight away? We were wondering what to do about this. We weren't originally going to ship our old beds, but if we do, will have to do without them at one end or the other for 4weeks, as we have already bought our house.

To the OP, only places I know have already been mentioned. Good luck hope you find something suitable.

Originally Posted by barrett
buy a bed new when you arrive, (I've just purchased a nice double size for about $400 taxes in) the rest i'd shop on Kijiji for deals on used furniture, use a patio set for a dining table (i have one you can have!), just rough it instead of paying 2x (or more) than a normal rental. You won't be home much anyways, you'll be working & exploring!
Old May 9th 2010, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

barrett will become famous soon enoughbarrett will become famous soon enough

most of the shops (sears, world wide furniture, etc.) deliver 1 or 2 days a week for a fee, usually $50.
Old May 9th 2010, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

That is really good to know. Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.