Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Good to be here..

Wikiposts

Good to be here..

Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Co-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud of
Smile Good to be here..

I did not know this place existed until today! So glad I found it. My husband and I are still in the waiting proces, we are hoping to move to Ontario, more specifically around Alliston or a bit further north, maybe Springwater or Oro-Medonte.

We applied in Jan 2006 and are in that exciting but frustrating limbo where life seems to be in slowmotion.
Hoping to meet folks on here who are moving to the same area, maybe have the same interests, I show dogs and horses, my husband is into fishing and shooting.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:18 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good to be here..

Originally Posted by Co-Writer
I did not know this place existed until today! So glad I found it. My husband and I are still in the waiting proces, we are hoping to move to Ontario, more specifically around Alliston or a bit further north, maybe Springwater or Oro-Medonte.

We applied in Jan 2006 and are in that exciting but frustrating limbo where life seems to be in slowmotion.
Hoping to meet folks on here who are moving to the same area, maybe have the same interests, I show dogs and horses, my husband is into fishing and shooting.
Hi, we're in Sasktatchewan but welcome to BE, have you tried looking through the wiki thread and seeing if there is info there that can be useful. There are loads of people on her from Ontario but as I don't know the area couldn't tell you where they are in relation to where you want to be but I'm sure they'll come along sometime, keep posting questions. Good Luck
Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

I can relate. We applied in May 05 and have just heard from someone else in here that Sydney office is delayed so I'm hoping to hear end of year, fingers crossed. Anyway, welcome to BE, there's tons of useful info here and very nice folks reaching out with friendly open arms to help with inquiries and general support, I'm really enjoying it in here! It makes the frustrating wait a bit more bearable to console with others who have been (or are going) through the same process.

I used to show my baby pug!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Co-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud ofCo-Writer has much to be proud of

Thanks for the welcome, it is a superb site, I wish I had found it before, the Wiki is great, I know I have already got many answers to questions I did not even know I wanted to ask, just by reading here. What a great place to make friends who know just what you are going through...lol.

Elizabeth 1, are you going from Oz to Canada? It sounds from what you said as though its an even longer wait, bummer!!

I love pugs, know a few pug folk here as well.

My dogs and horses can be found at my website...

www.conundrum.biz
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Elizabeth 1, are you going from Oz to Canada? It sounds from what you said as though its an even longer wait, bummer!!

www.conundrum.biz
I thought that it was quicker if you were coming from Oz? Could be wrong though - can it really be longer than the 5 years + if you are applying from the UK?!? Wow!

And lovely horses and dogs btw! I'm not a small dog fan normally but I do like Border Terriers, they are full of character.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 19th 2008 at 6:51 am.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:44 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

I hadn't really seen much of miniature horses until last year at the Calgary Stampede where there was a huge show of them! Dinky!!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi Morwenna,

Yep, the Canadian's have their national mini horse specialty at the stampede, I have been twice, I LOVE the stampede, especially first or last days!!

Thank you for the welcome, I am really enjoying it here!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 3:31 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Are you bringing your horses and dogs with you?
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Well, I am bringing all the dogs, but unfortunately not the horses, I have started to sell them now, so I can find good homes and not have to panic about it at the last minute. The dogs can go to my sisters boarding kennels if we have to go over and rent for a bit util we find a house, but with 15 horses igets a bit expensive to A. Put them in livery until you are ready to ship 'em, and B. Actually ship them, so I have had to be hard on myself. But the dogs must come, they are more part of the family if you know what I mean and I could not leave them.

Mind you, if it keeps raining the way it has so far this year we may just simply float to Canada!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the welcome, it is a superb site, I wish I had found it before, the Wiki is great, I know I have already got many answers to questions I did not even know I wanted to ask, just by reading here. What a great place to make friends who know just what you are going through...lol.

I love pugs, know a few pug folk here as well.

www.conundrum.biz

Hi Co-Writer,

I'm actually coming from NZ to Canada so our processing office for this whole region is Sydney. When I first put my application in they told me only 18months to process then when I received my file number they said 2yrs. And since I've been in here some fellow applicants for Sydney processing have told me they're delayed by maybe a year. So there we go! LOL, 18months to 2years to 3years. I only hope we'll hear by end of this year!

Great website! Aw, I love miniature horses and yours look adorable! I'd love to have one in the future... Will you start breeding them in Canada?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I thought that it was quicker if you were coming from Oz? Could be wrong though - can it really be longer than the 5 years + if you are applying from the UK?!? Wow!

I thought it was quicker from down here too because I heard that the UK was 5 years.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
I thought it was quicker from down here too because I heard that the UK was 5 years.
It is - there's waaayyyy too many of us wanting to get out so there's one heck of a queue!!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It is - there's waaayyyy too many of us wanting to get out so there's one heck of a queue!!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

JSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Good to be here..

hi there and welcome...just wanted to add that I lived nr Alliston for years...
my daughter was born there...shes 24 now...we live in NS now....why have you chosen that neck of the woods..? I rember that they get pretty bad winters its a snow belt there...by the way i lived in Beeton and Everett...
js
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi JSHalifax,

We have many friends in that area and a bit further north, we have stayed in the Earl Rowe provincial park a few times now and just generally like the area, I need to have somewhere I can get to a main route for my dog showing/judging horse showing etc, and also its not a huge run to the airport.
Having said that I really like the moonstone road area as well, and as I said Springwater or Oro-Medonte, I know its a snow belt, but that is ok, I like snow, I was born and bred in Scotland ....in the days when we had "good" amounts of snow every year and as it was the uk, we did not have the best snow clearing or anything and usually got plenty of snow days off from school. Everytime I have been to Ontario in the winter when it snows, the roads are cleared before I get up....impressed of Griffydam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.