Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Good Gynecologist and good hospital to deliver in Toronto...

Wikiposts

Good Gynecologist and good hospital to deliver in Toronto...

Old Jul 9th 2009, 12:13 am
Just Joined

neda_la is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Gynecologist and good hospital to deliver in Toronto...

Could anyone recommend a good gynecologist and a good hospital for giving birth. I really want it to be clean with a good doctor who would not give up on natural birth and who could decide when to go for a c-section...
Anyone?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 12:35 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good Gynecologist and good hospital to deliver in Toronto...

I am well passed baby years.

But I wish you good luck in finding a hospital and Dr that you feel comfortable with.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:03 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neda_la
Could anyone recommend a good gynecologist and a good hospital for giving birth. I really want it to be clean with a good doctor who would not give up on natural birth and who could decide when to go for a c-section...
Anyone?
I'm presuming the two requests are unrelated?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:09 am
Just Joined

Well a gynecologist to see before delivery and a hospital for the delivery...
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:11 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Well a gynecologist to see before delivery and a hospital for the delivery...
Woulnt you better looking for an Obstetrician?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Did you manage to sort out moving to Canada more than 3 months before the birth then? Or paying the cost of the birth?

I understood from your other thread that you couldn't go that early, and wanted to give birth for free.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:49 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

It really depends where in Toronto you go, its a big place and ObGyns will generally have privileges only at certain local hospitals, so your best bet is to ask around when you arrive and hope that the ones local people recommend have room on the books to take you on.

I would think that all hospitals here are pretty much going to be OK, so really its a question of finding an ObGyn you are comfortable with. Even then there is no guarantee they will be the one to deliver anyway...we had a great doc for #2, but she was on vacation when it came time to deliver, but the standin did a good job too.

Personal recommendation can be, well, personal...We heard glowing recommendations about a particular guy, but the wife couldn't stand him, so that didnt last for long.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

a good doctor who would not give up on natural birth and who could decide when to go for a c-section...
Anyone?
No-one could guarantee an outcome for you. As much as you may wish for one type or style of birth, that baby will dictate it's own path out!!
Old Jul 9th 2009, 3:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies.
Our health insurance here told us to find a gynecologist/obstetrician who would deliver our baby in a hospital and then from that hospital ask for the costs and everything, and they will cover us till a certain amount.
So we are planning to come to Canada in Aug. and then again before delivering the baby(the last few weeks).
And as much as it's hard to to start a whole new thing with a new doctor at the end of the pregnancy, it even more difficult to cope with a mediocre/bad doctor.

And I know that baby will finally decide, but some doctors just decide to do a caesarian after half an hour!

Last edited by neda_la; Jul 9th 2009 at 3:45 am.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 3:50 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

And I know that baby will finally decide, but some doctors just decide to do a caesarian after half an hour!
Only if they have a tee time booked for a short while later....so if its a late fall/ winter delivery its less of a problem
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can always say no! I was told throughout my second pregnancy that I should have a c-section (due to v bad first birth with my daughter), but I refused and had a dream birth, no intervention necessary at all.

Just make sure that your hubby has a copy of your birth plan and will make sure people stick to it - you may not be in a fit state to argue but he will! And hopefully he'll know you well enough to know when you want to change your mind on things, and when to go for any necessary medical procedures.

Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:31 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

hmmmmm....hubby in sleep deprived state after being woken in middle of night by wife with early contractions and wet bedsheets, in state of emotional turmoil/shock, vs clinically trained professional with years of education and experience of delivering kids.

Who would you trust to make the best infomed decision with the best outcome for mother and child....

I know where my money would be.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by iaink
hmmmmm....hubby in sleep deprived state after being woken in middle of night by wife with early contractions and wet bedsheets, in state of emotional turmoil/shock, vs clinically trained professional with years of education and experience of delivering kids.

Who would you trust to make the best infomed decision with the best outcome for mother and child....

I know where my money would be.
Well, my hubby did a grand job! He knew my wishes and made sure they were carried out, obviously if things started to go wrong (as they did with my first birth), he stepped back and let the professionals do their job.

And he still managed to remember to remind them not to tell me the sex of the baby as I'd particularly wanted him to tell me rather than a random doctor - not bad considering he'd just seen his wife butchered, we were in an operating theatre with 20 other people, he'd been up for nearly 48 hours and it was 4am!

Obviously a doctor will know what's best, but I was just trying to say to the OP that if a doctor wants to do a c-section after half an hour (which I think is incredibly unlikely anyway!) for no reason, then her hubby will be able to stand up for her if necessary.