British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   good to follow list quicky (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/good-follow-list-quicky-563030/)

Canada Dreams Sep 22nd 2008 5:35 pm

good to follow list quicky

hi all

just a quicj one ;)

we are in th eprocess of typeing out our lists, all i want to know is shell we put our new address at the top, with phone numbers etc, and our file number, or shell we just do a list with the costs down the side, and a total at the bottom :thumbsup:

Judy in Calgary Sep 22nd 2008 6:06 pm

Re: good to follow list quicky

Cover Page

On the cover page, you need to provide them with the name of the importer (the principal applicant), and you have to give them a Canadian address. If you already have an address in Canada, give that address. If you do not yet have a residential address, provide the shipping company's address.

You do not have to provide a phone number.

Subsequent Pages

Against each line item on your list, you must state the value, in Canadian dollars, of that line item.

Each page must have a dollar subtotal for the value of the goods on that page.

The final page must have the grand total once you have added up all the dollar subtotals of all the individual pages.

Each page must have your name on it and be numbered page x of y. For example, a given page might be page 5 of 8, that is, page 5 out of a total of 8 pages. The page after that would be numbered page 6 of 8. (A total of 8 pages is only an example. I don't know how many pages it will take to write up your list. It may be more pages, or it may be fewer pages.)

Leave a fairly generous amount of space at the bottom of each page for the custom officer's stamp.
x

Canada Dreams Sep 22nd 2008 6:11 pm

can we not just put a total amount of each box then ?

nikki dreaming Sep 22nd 2008 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams (Post 6809025)
can we not just put a total amount of each box then ?

What to include in list

* Once your Goods To Follow list has been stamped by a customs officer in Canada, you cannot add anything to it.

* This is true even if your personal and household effects are shipped to Canada many months after you've had your Goods To Follow list stamped at a Canadian port of entry.

* So, if you are not sure if you will ship a certain item, say a bed, to Canada, it is prudent to include it in your Goods To Follow list -- just in case you end up shipping it.

* Remember that recording something on your Goods To Follow list does not set up any sort of obligation. You don't have to ship to Canada everything that is on your Goods To Follow list.

* But, if you do record an item on your Goods To Follow list, you reserve the right to ship it to Canada, duty-free, at any time in the future.

* As long as your possessions have been recorded on your Goods To Follow list and that list has been stamped by Canada Border Services Agency at the time of your "landing" in Canada, you can ship those items to Canada duty-free in dribs and drabs. That is, you can split the possessions into different shipments, and you can stagger those shipments over as long a period of time as you choose.

[edit] Examples

Your Goods To Follow list may include items like the following:

6 boxes of books .............................................. $X,XXX
1 box of kitchen utensils .................................... $XXX
4 boxes of bath linen ........................................ $XXX
5 boxes of bed linen ......................................... $XXX
TOTAL GOODS TO FOLLOW ............................... $XX,XXX

Your Goods Accompanying list may include:

1 suitcase .................................................. .... $XXX
1 shoulder bag ................................................ $XXX
clothes in suitcase .......................................... $X,XXX
1 laptop computer (brand, model, serial number) ... $X,XXX
1 camera (brand, model, serial number) ............... $XXX
TOTAL GOODS ACCOMPANYING .......................... $XX,XXX

Your actual lists probably will be longer. Your Goods To Follow list may run to several pages. The point of this example is just to demonstrate the level of detail that is required.

The above is taken from the wiki (goods to follow)

Looks like you can put a total for each box if they are similar goods

Biiiiink Sep 22nd 2008 6:55 pm

You're on a TWP, aren't you? Just have your own shippers inventory... the goods to follow form is for settlers (or those who have a PR app in process).

Judy in Calgary Sep 22nd 2008 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Biiiiink (Post 6809150)
You're on a TWP, aren't you? Just have your own shippers inventory... the goods to follow form is for settlers (or those who have a PR app in process).

Thanks for the clarification, Biiiiink. I will add a note about that to the Wiki.

I was about to ask a follow up question but, to avoid thread drift, I'll start a new thread.
x

Canada Dreams Sep 22nd 2008 7:07 pm

oh we thought we had to supply a list on entry well that makes it a bit easier :)

VanSte2000 Sep 22nd 2008 9:48 pm

Hi,

I have just been reading this thread and we are travelling to vancouver in just under 3 weeks on a TWP. Can someone claify that a GTF list isnt need just a form from the shipment company?

Is that right?

Biiiiink Sep 22nd 2008 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary (Post 6809161)
Thanks for the clarification, Biiiiink. I will add a note about that to the Wiki.

I was about to ask a follow up question but, to avoid thread drift, I'll start a new thread.
x

There's info here for those not coming under PR, or with a PR app in process. They ask that you have a list, in duplicate, of what you're bringing.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5068-eng.html

Confusingly, this document also states that mattresses are not allowed unless cleaned... just when we thought we'd solved that one, eh Judy?! :D So PRs/settlers can bring them unfumigated, but work permit people can't :eek:

Mim_Pangers Sep 22nd 2008 9:56 pm

Eek! My matress wasn't cleaned before being shipped....

Also, am I being thick but where do I find the Cover sheet?:confused:

I have completed:
2 x B4e Goods to follow list with my Mover's Itinerary
2 x B4e Accompanying goods list with typed additional pages

Is this all I need?!?!

Judy in Calgary Sep 22nd 2008 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Mim_Pangers (Post 6809669)
where do I find the Cover sheet?

The cover sheet is the B4e form.

2 x B4e Goods to follow list with my Mover's Itinerary
2 x B4e Accompanying goods list with typed additional pages

Is this all I need?!?!
Yes.
x

Judy in Calgary Sep 22nd 2008 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mim_Pangers (Post 6809669)
Eek! My matress wasn't cleaned before being shipped....

You applied via PNP, didn't you? I'm not clairvoyant. I just looked up some of your previous posts to get some background information. If you are going to be landing as permanent residents, you do not, not, not, not, repeat not need to get your mattresses fumigated.
x

Judy in Calgary Sep 22nd 2008 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Biiiiink (Post 6809646)
There's info here for those not coming under PR, or with a PR app in process. They ask that you have a list, in duplicate, of what you're bringing.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5068-eng.html

Confusingly, this document also states that mattresses are not allowed unless cleaned... just when we thought we'd solved that one, eh Judy?! :D So PRs/settlers can bring them unfumigated, but work permit people can't :eek:

My only consolation is that the information about immigrating to the UK (or even applying for a visa to visit the UK) also is confusing. I looked up several of their websites yesterday in the hopes of answering someone's question, and gave up. So the Canadian government is not alone.
x

destinationnovascotia Sep 22nd 2008 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Biiiiink (Post 6809150)

We came on a TWP and did a GTF list as the shippers told us to. We did the B4E for the front covers and attached our shippers inventory and added values against each line. We were asked for exactly what we had prepared, in fact, had we not completed the B4E form they had one on hand waiting for us to complete.

Biiiiink Sep 23rd 2008 12:18 am

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia (Post 6809906)
We came on a TWP and did a GTF list as the shippers told us to. We did the B4E for the front covers and attached our shippers inventory and added values against each line. We were asked for exactly what we had prepared, in fact, had we not completed the B4E form they had one on hand waiting for us to complete.

Hah! I think they make it up as they go along... :eek: