Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Good bye England

Good bye England

Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

northerndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nice
Default Good bye England

Well the day is here and Im all packed and ready to go! to say Im a little scared is an understatement but once Im there everything should be OK, Ive said my fairwells which was more difficult than I thought, but glad that the wait is finely over.
I am not looking forward to being away from my wife and kids for a month or two but I suppose is a small sacrific to pay, and having to find a house and a couple of cars, oh well...
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:19 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: Good bye England

Originally Posted by northerndave
Well the day is here and Im all packed and ready to go! to say Im a little scared is an understatement but once Im there everything should be OK, Ive said my fairwells which was more difficult than I thought, but glad that the wait is finely over.
I am not looking forward to being away from my wife and kids for a month or two but I suppose is a small sacrific to pay, and having to find a house and a couple of cars, oh well...
Well good luck and I hope it all goes well for you . I hope one day I will be saying goodbye to England too
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Best of Brit and Expat Lucks . to you !
Here's hoping this is one decision you'll Never come/live to regret !
Give my love to Ontario & enjoy !
R.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Good luck and all the best for the future.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

canadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to all

Good luck, we do the same on march 7th.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

P.S. , to my earlier :
were I so lucky , to ever again get to be below or , at least : around my 40's of age again ,
I'd be now , ecstatically happily , joining you in Ontario , next week allready , if not earlier !
Best-est of Luck and much suxxxxxess , I wish you !
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

mrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to all

Good Luck with your move

I am sure the first few weeks will fly by. We had reached the first 3 month milestone before we knew it....

Where are you planning on settling in ON ? (Sorry if you have posted this before.)

We moved to the Cambridge (KW district) and we love it here. We are about 50 minutes from TO. We really feel like we have the best of both worlds... beautiful open spaces, and the convenience of a large city within easy reach. I'm sure you and your family will love Canadian life.

Old Feb 5th 2011, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

northerndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nice

Many thanks for all the well wishes.

Well I made it without any problems, all my stuff cleared customs and they didnt bother with the goods to follow or goods in possession!!. Now for all the running around getting Dr,driving liscence etc, but it just feels "right".

We are looking in the Newmarket/Uxbridge area, if anybody is around how about a meet up for a beer or two.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 1:55 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Well I made it without any problems, all my stuff cleared customs and they didnt bother with the goods to follow or goods in possession!!. Now for all the running around getting Dr,driving liscence etc, but it just feels "right".

We are looking in the Newmarket/Uxbridge area, if anybody is around how about a meet up for a beer or two.
Beer? Richmond Hill is only 20 minutes from Newmarket.

Welcome to York region.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:23 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

You'll be fine eh!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 6:49 am
Just Joined

GeordieAl is an unknown quantity at this point

Have lived in Newmarket since moving here from Newcastle in '98... Crow's Nest pub is a good spot for a beer - plenty of imports and usually a bunch of ex-pats in there on Friday nights ( English, Scottish, Irish, German and Russian!)
Old Mar 19th 2011, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

OK, its been 6 weeks now and what a rollercoaster.

Somethings have been simple, others less so.
Ive finely found a place in Uxbridge, which was the town we wanted, Ive bought a car and done all the things that you need to do. So just 9 days to go and my wife and daughters will be joining me .
Old Mar 19th 2011, 2:29 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to say you're going going to regret this one. But good luck.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 3:06 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Moo.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oink
Why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.