Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Golf advice needed

Golf advice needed

Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golf advice needed

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Souvette has decided that we are taking up a new couple's hobby. There is a driving range near us. We are going out on Saturday to buy a club each. But what club? I played golf as a kid, but not very well. Her experience is limited to hacking her way round nine holes at a conference. The aim of this hobby is to belt a few balls, successfully. Should we be looking at long irons instead of woods? I have a vague memory that they are easier to handle.
All you need to know about Golf and its history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ahini1hsbU
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

And there's more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92TyiyMaKFQ
Old Jul 28th 2007, 11:01 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gremmie
All you need to know about Golf and its history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ahini1hsbU

Old Jul 28th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

I've never understood why folks would pay to ruin a good walk in a park chasing after a small white ball called "*****it!"
Old Jul 31st 2007, 5:59 pm
long hard slog...done it

SpeC will become famous soon enoughSpeC will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Spoons1961
Serious players avoid 'Mixed Golf' like the plague, although they're not usually prepared to admit it to their wives/ partners
Correct I've played many a mixed four ball, Jesus never again. I never heard moaning like it when the ladies missed a PAR putt. Then came the usual whinges (in my experiences only) "you walked on my line that's why I missed it" . I was at least 15 yrds away, to this day I still haven't worked that comment out.

I'd have to agree with the 7 iron, although my advice would be a 5. You get the loft to get it airborne and the distance 'if' you hit it right.
As previously stated Cavity backs are much easier to hit than blades, so I'd plump for one of those if it were me.

I'll give you a lesson when I get out to Ontario in August if you fancy a knock.