Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

going through immigration at the airport

going through immigration at the airport

Old Aug 12th 2003, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

CJ6680 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default going through immigration at the airport

we will be coming from the UK ad so do not need a temp or visitors visa, do we have to go through the immigration sections and be grilled at the airport,
we have just bought a house in Canada and will be going over to furnish it and will be staying a while, whilst we are there the immigration dept at Manitoba said then would be a good time to apply for our provinicial nominee for permanent residency but we are wondering if the immigration at the airport will be nasty to us.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

mark g is an unknown quantity at this point

we are hopefully going over to canada in feb and are looking at buying a house before we get the green light from the chc,was it hard to buy a house because you have not landed properly.what sort of things did you have to take with you (document),we are going to regina and will be buying with cash.any help would be appriciated
mark
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

CJ6680 is an unknown quantity at this point

It was very easy purchasing, we boght in cash ad had a realter look for houses with our specific requirments and also used I can´t remeber there name but they are like a valuer and surveyer in one, I is very easy, we spoke to the manitoba goverment immigration dept, who told us it makes our case for provincial nominee easy because we already prove we can adapt etc, it also helps with the chc.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

louisa is an unknown quantity at this point

i wouldn't say that immigration officers are nasty, usually they are very serious and may seem stern but they are just doing their jobs.

anytime you visit another country, no matter what visa/waiver you have, they do not have to let you in. they would have to have a good reason not to but nobody has automatic entry.

i would say that it depends how long you are staying for, and the reasons for visit. if they don't like your answers or they want to ask you some more questions then yes you will be called to immigration for further questioning .