Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Going Kamping - newly landed in Nova Scotia

Going Kamping - newly landed in Nova Scotia

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Going Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to all
Default Re: Going Kamping - newly landed in Nova Scotia

You're probably right!

How is beautiful Newfoundland?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Suns actually out today for a change but not exactly flipflops and speedos weather yet
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:51 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
Suns actually out today for a change but not exactly flipflops and speedos weather yet
I arrived back from Singapore on Monday. 33C there. 7C here. No wonder I've got a cold.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I arrived back from Singapore on Monday. 33C there. 7C here. No wonder I've got a cold.
I didnt go anywhere last week and i have a complete barsteward of a cold
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 12:57 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Going Kamping
I feel I'm having to be defensive because of how people have posted and I'm maybe not saying what I mean. We are happy to be here, my partner has a job he loves and my little boy is happy in school.

So please everyone, enough already - you're making me want to leave this forum after only one posting as everyone is being so dismissive and mean!

We love our new lives and have been planning for the last 2 years for this move.
Please dont leave, Dont worry about what a bunch of bored anonymous internet blowhard critics have to say. Share your experiences. There are many people out there who will enjoy sharing them with you.

If it appears to the moderators that you are veering into advertising territory you are sure to be informed. We are the only ones who count on that front.

I think Oinks point about cynicism has some mileage, some of us have been in canada a while. I for one enjoy reading the newcomers experiences, it reminds me of how I was when it was all fresh and new and exciting for me. After a while you take things for granted, so its great to see it again through fresh eyes.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Share your experiences. There are many people out there who will enjoy sharing them with you.
Indeed. Beyond RVing, some of us enjoy fly tipping, golf and clear cut logging.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 2:07 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE! You have to take the rough with the smooth on here, we've all had a ribbing about something or other

We had a go at RVing the first couple of years but gave it up as it didn't work the way we expected it too. My idea (taken from childhood memories) was to be able to get home from work on a Friday, load up the RV and head off. It soon became clear that you have to load up the RV, head off on Wednesday, park it up, finish the week off at work and then go off to the campground for the weekend, so we gave that up, it's much easier to rock up to a motel or even tenting is a bit easier.

I remember being all positive and loving life, after 6 winters and watching dreams fade and die I am a bit jaded with this whole living in Canada thing
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Going Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to all

I'm sorry some of you guys seem to be having a rough time of it and have become disillusioned with living here in Canada. However, just think how much worse things could be if you were back in the UK. Sky high fuel prices, impossible house prices - even in a recession, traffic, pollution, over crowding. We lived in a small Oxfordshire village and even there you couldn't get away from traffic or having to live right on top of the next door property.

We have come here, for space, clean air, beautiful landscapes and ultimately to be mortgage free. Can't see us having any complaints any time soon, plus we like winter - I know we're a bit odd! Where we are in Nova Scotia doesn't have the extremes of temperature of some of the other provinces which is one reason we like it and aren't worried about winter.

I'm all for positive thinking, if that's how you think and what you focus on, then that is how your life will be. I refuse to let the cynics get me down, even if I was a bit upset by the tirade I got yesterday - I put that down to lack of sleep!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Cazandi is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep posting, I am new to the forums and enjoy reading your posts. We are looking to move to New Brunswick in a couple of years so having people tell their experiences is great for getting to get a feel of the place

I like you prefer to have a positive outlook on life as do many on here but I have noticed as with all forums there are a few trolls who do nothing but complain and find fault with everything.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

haha Cazandi

We really liked New Brunswick and have a fabulous realtor friend if you are ever in need of one. He was great when we visited, took us to view some houses and then took us to meet his family and have dinner - a lovely genuine guy.

Do you know where in New Brunswick you are heading for? We loved Saint John, Fredericton and the whole Acadian trail was beautiful.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

You seriously loved Saint John ? I honestly cant think of one good thing about that town
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Cazandi is an unknown quantity at this point

My sister and family live in Rothesay but it will be work dependant really. All at planning stages currently but a dream has to start somewhere!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

It certainly does. We were exactly where you were a couple of years ago, if we can do it so can you.

Maybe it was the great company we had in Saint John, but other than the fog, we liked it - not many places we didn't like to be honest, just a few across Atlantic Canada.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:27 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Well, good for you, but like the others I'll be very interested to see what you have to say in about 5 years' time.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I know myself and what I want from life so can't see things changing dramatically.

Happy Days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.