Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

going to hamilton ontario

going to hamilton ontario

Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

jimmy 1405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default going to hamilton ontario

hi,i,m going to hamilton for a month to meet up with friends,can anyone give me do and dont,s etc,restaurants,clubs,pubs trips etc.And the best entertainment guide for hamilton concerts bands etc
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:24 pm
ck1
Forum Regular

ck1 has a spectacular aura aboutck1 has a spectacular aura aboutck1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: going to hamilton ontario

Hamilton is pretty safe...I just wouldn't go out late at night in the East End

Nights out in Hess Village and Westdale should be quite good if the weather is good.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

bgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond repute

Have a few pints at the Winking Judge - one of the best microbrew pubs I've been to (that includes a fair few in Guelph!)
Really nice vibe in there, closest thing I've seen to a decent British style local outside of the UK.

Oh, and you *must* check out some of the Stoney Creek Dairy produce... check out their store if you have wheels (nearby Attic Pizza is also worth a mention)

The Who are playing Copps Coliseum but I think that might be just after you head home. Also I recall hearing that David Byrne and Brian Eno are playing in Toronto but can't remember the dates - might be just before you leave. IIRC they haven't announced any UK dates so that could be worth a punt if you like their stuff.

View is a free mag that has listings and suchlike, you'll find it in cafes, stores etc without too much trouble.

I'll be on my way to Hamilton in exactly 7 days' time (well, we'll be about halfway through our flight by now!) so will try and update once we've got ourselves together... hope this helps for now!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

jimmy 1405 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your help i,m booked 2 tickets for the who on 22nd oct
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

southlondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ck1
Hamilton is pretty safe...I just wouldn't go out late at night in the East End

Nights out in Hess Village and Westdale should be quite good if the weather is good.
I second ck1. There will be somewhere in Hess Village that you will enjoy, there has got to be 15 or 20 pubs/bars on that one block (Ceilidh House is my favorite).

Do heed the warning and stay away from the East End (Barton Street area) it's not a place you want to be after dark (and this is from experience, I had a bad experience there myself not long ago).