Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

gobsmacked by neighbours

gobsmacked by neighbours

Old Jul 24th 2014, 7:00 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gobsmacked by neighbours

Erect a 30' flagpole with a Union Jack on it.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 7:48 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Tell him you'd rather be a limey than than a moose f***er.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 7:49 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Old Jul 24th 2014, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 24th 2014, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

haha top idea
Old Jul 24th 2014, 11:26 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
haha top idea
That was your 666th post. Just sayin'
Old Jul 24th 2014, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

not any more thx . Have an artist coming over to put the Union Jack on our gable end facing the guys deck . Sure call me petty , but it'll be slightly more subtle than chinning the chap on a daily basis

Last edited by flat to the mat; Jul 24th 2014 at 11:57 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 9:21 am
Just Joined

loulougarthorpe is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just thankful the poor dog is okay! I have to admit, when I first read your post I thought you were saying the dog had been injured.

Lou.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Flag in the front, mural at the back. Statue of Winston Churchill on the lawn?
Old Jul 25th 2014, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

You have to live beside this guy, why not try to reduce the aggro rather than increase it?
How about sending him a polite letter explaining that you were unhappy at him removing the fence without consulting you. That, as he did this without consulting you, you are not obliged to pay for it and won't be doing so. That you would rather live amicably and to prevent any future confrontation, would he mind consulting you on any other boundary changes? Just a suggestion like.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Don't send letters. We had issues with noisy neighbours here. We left them a note. Next thing we know we have the police knocking on our door saying that if we send them any more letters we may be charged with harassment. Next time they were noisy we called the police instead, but of course all was quiet by the time they arrived. At that point the officer bluntly said, 'if we catch them, we'll charge them, but you'll still be living next door to them, and they'll still be assholes. Only difference is you'll have cost them money. So they'll be assholes with a grudge. I'd consider moving if I were you.'
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

not any more thx . Have an artist coming over to put the Union Jack on our gable end facing the guys deck . Sure call me petty , but it'll be slightly more subtle than chinning the chap on a daily basis
Old Jul 27th 2014, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Not writing any letters , that's almost on par with leaving a phone message because you know the homeowners are out , cowardly . I'm leaving the issue as it is for the time being , if the prick makes an apology to my wife then then I will think again . Better things to do with my time .
Was amused by the Churchill statue idea
Old Jul 27th 2014, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Not writing any letters , that's almost on par with leaving a phone message because you know the homeowners are out , cowardly
Thanks for that, I always appreciate being called cowardly when I'm trying to help.

The advice is sound and it's about opening dialogue while avoiding confrontation.

Best of luck in your battles, cos I'd guess you will have more with an attitude like that. Now I'm unsubscribing from this thread.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Racism or xenophobia? I'd call him on that with the police!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.