Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Getting There (slowly)

Getting There (slowly)

Old Dec 17th 2008, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Getting There (slowly)

Apologies to Eam and Jan for using their user name in the title, but........

we received Mandy's Police Check on Monday, posted application to London yesterday, just checked online and it was delivered and signed for before 1pm today.

Just the wait now, with the Christmas holidays to take into account, for them to send details of Mandy's medical, then we should be on the downhill slope for our move to Red Deer next year.

Can't imagine yet what it will be like over Christmas waiting for a reply from CIC, it's bad enough now just knowing that they've received our TWP and SOWP applications.

We have booked flights, car hire, hotel for a recce trip in January so at least we have that to look forward to in the meantime.

Please send as much luck / Karma as you can spare, never know how much we might need it.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Kev & Mandy
Old Dec 17th 2008, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all
Default Re: Getting There (slowly)

Merry Christmas to you too.
Good luck and Karma sent, can't have too much of either!

D.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Trophy

we received Mandy's Police Check on Monday, posted application to London yesterday, just checked online and it was delivered and signed for before 1pm today.

Just the wait now, with the Christmas holidays to take into account, for them to send details of Mandy's medical, then we should be on the downhill slope for our move to Red Deer next year.

Can't imagine yet what it will be like over Christmas waiting for a reply from CIC, it's bad enough now just knowing that they've received our TWP and SOWP applications.

We have booked flights, car hire, hotel for a recce trip in January so at least we have that to look forward to in the meantime.

Please send as much luck / Karma as you can spare, never know how much we might need it.

Kev & Mandy
Merry xmas and a bucketload of Karma

I have just started down the road and already in a complete fug, brain, wise lol so keep the faith!!!

Scooby
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Kev & Mandy
Merry Christmas and good luck, the karma is sent buckloads, You will get there, just chill n fingers n toes will be xxxxxxx for u
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:58 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and the Karma is in your box
Old Dec 17th 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

huge luck and karma
my PR pnp went to london today although it probably won't even have made it out of our remote settlement in the canadian wilderness yet
Old Dec 19th 2008, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of luck to you both.

E&J.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Getting There

Lots of luck to you both.

E&J.
Thanks to all for your replies and best wishes. We feel the luck and Karma increasing as things other than the application also seem to be going well for us at the moment.

Hopefully we will hear something regarding medicals before our recce trip.

Kev & Mandy
Old Dec 25th 2008, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Another update, it seems like the Karma and luck is working.

I sent my CV by fax to a company advertising a position in Red Deer. I had tried over the weekend to send it to the fax number on the advert with no success, got the fax number for their sales department from their web site and sent the fax to that number.

Within 30 minutes I had a phone call from the advertiser (Service Manager) and had a very constructive chat.

So less than 30 minutes for the fax to be picked up, passed to the right person and a phone call made.

We have arranged a meeting for when we are over on our recce trip next month.

Hopefully I will receive a job offer, if not at least I have started on the networking trail with prospective employers.

Thanks to all for the luck and Karma sent, it certainly seems to be working at the moment.

Best wishes to all and have a happy and peacefull Christmas.

Kev & Mandy
Old Dec 25th 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Another update, it seems like the Karma and luck is working.

I sent my CV by fax to a company advertising a position in Red Deer. I had tried over the weekend to send it to the fax number on the advert with no success, got the fax number for their sales department from their web site and sent the fax to that number.

Within 30 minutes I had a phone call from the advertiser (Service Manager) and had a very constructive chat.

So less than 30 minutes for the fax to be picked up, passed to the right person and a phone call made.

We have arranged a meeting for when we are over on our recce trip next month.

Hopefully I will receive a job offer, if not at least I have started on the networking trail with prospective employers.

Thanks to all for the luck and Karma sent, it certainly seems to be working at the moment.

Best wishes to all and have a happy and peacefull Christmas.

Kev & Mandy
A cracking start to networking activities - hope the recce helps to deepen the relationship with this firm.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Eamonn & Janet.