Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

getting a removal company, or just book your own comtainer

Wikiposts

getting a removal company, or just book your own comtainer

Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:57 am
madwife

finch4canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: answers please on the back of a postcard!

Originally Posted by lousid
Hi Butch,
You know you might be right. It seems like ages ago that we actually did all this and there are so many other things to remember that you forget the initial putting together of all the required documentation. For us, we had to provide originals of all levels, but that was for our teaching application and I may have this confused with the rest of the application process. Originals of the highest would definitely be needed.

Cheers,
Sid
hi sid, time for me to try and pick your brains again if i may, forms and paperwork all coming together nicely although the nervous breakdown and irretrievable damage to my eyesight is looming! do i have to have references from employers going backover 10 years or send covering letter if that department no longer actually exists? I have sent away for my police check but am now confused as to weather i should have waited for canadian authority to tell me when to do that! have i wasted my 20 quid or shall i just send the certificates in with my applications? thanks for any help you may be able to give, you may have to start charging me, although i think i've almost got it all sorted. ta, kate

Last edited by finch4canada; Jul 4th 2006 at 7:08 am.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

lousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: answers please on the back of a postcard!

Originally Posted by finch4canada
hi sid, time for me to try and pick your brains again if i may, forms and paperwork all coming together nicely although the nervous breakdown and irretrievable damage to my eyesight is looming! do i have to have references from employers going backover 10 years or send covering letter if that department no longer actually exists? I have sent away for my police check but am now confused as to weather i should have waited for canadian authority to tell me when to do that! have i wasted my 20 quid or shall i just send the certificates in with my applications? thanks for any help you may be able to give, you may have to start charging me, although i think i've almost got it all sorted. ta, kate
Actually, just a few weeks before they issue you with a visa, you'll be asked for another, updated police check, so yes, you will have to do it again, but that's some time away yet. As for the other stuff, I remember having to get an employer's reference, a house/mortgage valuation (for proof of future funds?!) and, to top it all, since I have lived in many parts of the UK, I had to get a letter from each school I'd attended confirming dates of attendance. That's three primary schools across Yorkshire and another in Wales. Having lived in Germany I had to provide a German police check and a full list of addresses in the last god knows how many years. I had a current employer's ref and I had to request one from a previous employer going back to my first teaching post in '93-'94. I guess you'll probably have to provide ten years' worth. I'm sorry it's a little vague, but it's amazing what you forget as time goes on. I'm struggling with what I have to remember now for the impending move, let alone what I had to do several years ago!! Hope this is of some help?
Old Jul 4th 2006, 7:43 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Here goes: your British credentials and the fact that you've been educated here is enough for language proficienct (in English).

But you should probably include a written statement to that effect with your application forms. (We used something along the lines of "...born in the UK and English is my mother tongue. All of my education was in English and my employment in the UK and USA has been in an English language environment..." - it was probably overkill but worked for us. No idea what you'd do if you were educated in Welsh or something.)

Although many of us here have been through/are going through the process, most of us only go through it once. Individual experiences can be quite different and rules can change (especially in the time it takes) so you might want to get the most up to date information from the experts in the immigration section.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 12:06 am
madwife

finch4canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, just a few weeks before they issue you with a visa, you'll be asked for another, updated police check, so yes, you will have to do it again, but that's some time away yet. As for the other stuff, I remember having to get an employer's reference, a house/mortgage valuation (for proof of future funds?!) and, to top it all, since I have lived in many parts of the UK, I had to get a letter from each school I'd attended confirming dates of attendance. That's three primary schools across Yorkshire and another in Wales. Having lived in Germany I had to provide a German police check and a full list of addresses in the last god knows how many years. I had a current employer's ref and I had to request one from a previous employer going back to my first teaching post in '93-'94. I guess you'll probably have to provide ten years' worth. I'm sorry it's a little vague, but it's amazing what you forget as time goes on. I'm struggling with what I have to remember now for the impending move, let alone what I had to do several years ago!! Hope this is of some help?
thanks for that i will just include every thing i have got and can get my hands on and then wait!!!