Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

getting nervous - medical

getting nervous - medical

Old May 28th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute
Default getting nervous - medical

Hi all,

i guess i'm just being a wimp but i suffer from white coat syndrome....lol

I've got nothing really significant in my medical history - some eye/tear duct surgery over the last six years, none within 2, and all resolved.

I have polycystic ovaries which they are treating with glucophage only (cost of about 6 euro a month, maybe 7). I had a bit of stomach trouble for which they did an endoscopy last year but which has resolved since.

I'm well overweight (by about 80 pound) though i've lost 27 already.

I know. Written like that it doesnt' seem like a lot, but i'm nervous now.

Please, can someone give me any kind of reassurance? I know it intellectually, I just need to hear it?

Deb
Old May 28th 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future
Default Re: getting nervous - medical

I just want to say congrats on your weight loss!
Old May 28th 2008, 4:34 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

you will be fine.

everyone has some previous medical history. You are not a burden on the health care system. People with more serious/expensive conditions get visas all the time.

the doctors are lovely , they are professionals , they see nervous people all the time , they will make you feel at ease.

it will all be over before you know it. Then you can start planning your new life !!!

And I know that you already know ALL of the above , but still we panic , I know because I was exactly the same.

Feel free to PM if you want more details/reassurance

Take acre , deep breathes and relax
Old May 28th 2008, 6:38 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Womens bits ; too much information .......

only problem i had was having to re-take the medical & xrays - fork out twice, as the stuff got 'lost in the mail'

2nd time i asked the doctors to courier it at my cost
Old May 30th 2008, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

lynpy, thank you! i feel miles better for having it off. Amazing what being on the right meds can do!

Zoe, thanks for your wise words...i needed to hear that. And yes, i know eveyrone has a medical history, but in an egocentric way your own little foibles always seem so much worse than anything else..*grin*. Thank you again. Now lets see if i can keep this calm till after monday!

Beaverquest, good point re couriering, thank you!
Old May 30th 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

cough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 30th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you'll be just fine.

I am certainly more overweight than you - no problem (and well done with the loss). Also, OH had a whole trauma over blood pressure (MAJOR white coat syndrome!) which did cause a delay due to the need for further tests - but even then, we were still approved in the end.

Good luck.

Eamonn
Old May 30th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

You will be fine Caitilin, if only you could take your meds with our guy here in Regina - he made us get on scales at the back of his surgery and tell him what it said on them

I was tempted to take a lot of pounds off too but as I only know stones and ounces, had no idea what would be over exaggerating - so thought I'd better not

Well done on losing the weight, at such a stressful time too.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:07 am
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: getting nervous - medical

Originally Posted by Caitilin
Hi all,

i guess i'm just being a wimp but i suffer from white coat syndrome....lol

I've got nothing really significant in my medical history - some eye/tear duct surgery over the last six years, none within 2, and all resolved.

I have polycystic ovaries which they are treating with glucophage only (cost of about 6 euro a month, maybe 7). I had a bit of stomach trouble for which they did an endoscopy last year but which has resolved since.

I'm well overweight (by about 80 pound) though i've lost 27 already.

I know. Written like that it doesnt' seem like a lot, but i'm nervous now.

Please, can someone give me any kind of reassurance? I know it intellectually, I just need to hear it?

Deb
Hi Deb,

Well done on the weight loss - that's unbelievable

I have suffered with PCOS for the last 11 years and believe you me I KNOW how hard it is to lose that weight.

I'm glad you posted this thread because I have the same worries as you - I was even thinking about demanding a hysterectomy to try and get my health issues sorted out

I was thinking I'd have to try and lose about 6 stone (although I'm aiming to move in 5 years but they'll soon fly by!!) So your post is really reassuring....

Best of luck with your medical and your move