Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Getting deposit and rent back

Getting deposit and rent back

Old Dec 5th 2018, 12:03 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting deposit and rent back

Originally Posted by jimmynoshoes
No, sadly it was one of the things we didn't get round to sorting when we were there. There is a chance I may go back later this month or late January, so could open one up there and then just pay the cheques into that perhaps, don't lose out on the exchange then. I'm assuming any fees involved to pay in cheques there would still be far less than the loss of poor exchange rate!
You know you can open one online, right? You can't access it to draw down until such time as you have verified your ID in branch, but you CAN usually deposit funds!

Moving to Canada - Open a Bank Account - RBC
https://startright.scotiabank.com/in...plication.html

Just put in a search for 'newcomer account' to get the other banks!