Get A New Life. (BBCTV)

Wikiposts

Get A New Life. (BBCTV)

Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

The Welshman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Get A New Life. (BBCTV) Canada

Hi
Next Sunday on BBC 2 20:00, is Get a New Life. This weeks program is about Canada.
This is what they say about it.

Get a New Life
When Paul Doody and Toni Syrett relocate to Canada they are fulfilling a dearly cherished dream, but for Paul - an experienced qualified electrician - the dream could turn sour if he does not pass his equivalent exams.

Will their relationship blossom out there, or bite the dust? Relocators Scott Huggins and Sunita Shroff are on hand.

The Welshman A pint of Brains SA, works well

Last edited by The Welshman; Sep 5th 2004 at 8:29 am.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:25 am
squarepants

Default Re: Get A New Life. (BBCTV)

Yes.....the profession of electrician like a few others, is regulated in canada, and he has to pass his provincial exams before he can start to work. The chick's name ( sunita ) doesn't ring a bell, what happened to the other chick that use to do it, the one with the high heels?

Let me guess, these couple are in Alberta or BC. Keep us informed !

Originally Posted by The Welshman
Hi
Next Sunday on BBC 2 20:00, is Get a New Life. This weeks program is about Canada.
This is what they say about it.

Get a New Life
When Paul Doody and Toni Syrett relocate to Canada they are fulfilling a dearly cherished dream, but for Paul - an experienced qualified electrician - the dream could turn sour if he does not pass his equivalent exams.

Will their relationship blossom out there, or bite the dust? Relocators Scott Huggins and Sunita Shroff are on hand.

Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

The Welshman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by squarepants
Yes.....the profession of electrician like a few others, is regulated in canada, and he has to pass his provincial exams before he can start to work. The chick's name ( sunita ) doesn't ring a bell, what happened to the other chick that use to do it, the one with the high heels?

Let me guess, these couple are in Alberta or BC. Keep us informed !

I will keep you informed next week on what happens. They do four follow up shows and bring in others who have taken the step.
I don't know where Melissa Porter is on this one?

Old Sep 5th 2004, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

CDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Welshman
I will keep you informed next week on what happens. They do four follow up shows and bring in others who have taken the step.
I don't know where Melissa Porter is on this one?

Oh, I do miss that program. Strange we get Cash in the Attic here and House Doctor to name a few but I sure miss Get a New Life, Living the Dream and No Going Back! Please do keep us informed.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 2:51 am
squarepants

I guess it won't make sense to show a programme about going to canada, in canada.

Originally Posted by CDNReturner
Oh, I do miss that program. Strange we get Cash in the Attic here and House Doctor to name a few but I sure miss Get a New Life, Living the Dream and No Going Back! Please do keep us informed.

Old Sep 6th 2004, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

joggerjo is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it won't make sense to show a programme about going to canada, in canada.
.....us Brits would find it interesting though!!! We do get the UK's programe Hot Property where a couple can win a house if they guess the correct price of the property.

JJ
Old Sep 6th 2004, 3:28 am
squarepants

Yes.....I know what you mean, and am a sucker for those property shows, but what good is a show about coming to canada, for us already over here? You can always download the episodes online, they are all over the place.

I won't mind seeing though if it is shown Am told the original chick that use to co-host it, is not in this one, wonder why? Another brit one that I won't mind seeing here, is location, location, location, with the other chick and the baldby guy.

Originally Posted by joggerjo
.....us Brits would find it interesting though!!! We do get the UK's programe Hot Property where a couple can win a house if they guess the correct price of the property.

JJ

Old Sep 6th 2004, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

JJ
That's an easy one. If you can guess free of charge the price you pay for that property (if you win!) is zero, nada, noppes, niente, nil. So that must be the correct price......

D@mn, I can't take part in that show. Anyone willing to be the other half of the couple?
Old Sep 6th 2004, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Yes.....I know what you mean, and am a sucker for those property shows, but what good is a show about coming to canada, for us already over here? You can always download the episodes online, they are all over the place.

I won't mind seeing though if it is shown Am told the original chick that use to co-host it, is not in this one, wonder why? Another brit one that I won't mind seeing here, is location, location, location, with the other chick and the baldby guy.

......HGTV is the one to watch isn't it? It is channel 35 for us. Love that Real Renos programme where the foreman is a Brit from the West Country, his humor is hiliraous.....it is based in Ontario....have you ever seen it?

JJ
Old Sep 6th 2004, 3:45 am
squarepants

Seen that loads of time, he is actually Irish, ( Neil ) but keeps wearing the union jack shirts ( nothing wrong with that of course ) There was one episode where his boss gave him a car for his birthday, that was sweet of him.

It's channel 35 for us to ( hgtv ) here, and on 34, you get trading spaces, while you were out ( andrew the carpenter, a brit from london ).

......HGTV is the one to watch isn't it? It is channel 35 for us. Love that Real Renos programme where the foreman is a Brit from the West Country, his humor is hiliraous.....it is based in Ontario....have you ever seen it?

JJ

Old Sep 6th 2004, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

Seen that loads of time, he is actually Irish, ( Neil ) but keeps wearing the union jack shirts ( nothing wrong with that of course ) There was one episode where his boss gave him a car for his birthday, that was sweet of him.

It's channel 35 for us to ( hgtv ) here, and on 34, you get trading spaces, while you were out ( andrew the carpenter, a brit from london ).

...yes I saw that eposide too! And the one when his parents came to help him move....more like a soap show than a DIY one! Are you sure he is Irish, he sounds like a West Country person?!!! Yes, also know Andrew the carpenter, how sad are we?!!!!!!!!

JJ
Old Sep 6th 2004, 5:46 am
squarepants

I saw that one too, when his wife was pregnant, and they had to move out of te apartment. I know what you mean, they never seem to do any work, just standing there chatting and drinking coffee

...yes I saw that eposide too! And the one when his parents came to help him move....more like a soap show than a DIY one! Are you sure he is Irish, he sounds like a West Country person?!!! Yes, also know Andrew the carpenter, how sad are we?!!!!!!!!

JJ

Old Sep 6th 2004, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

CDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
D@mn, I can't take part in that show. Anyone willing to be the other half of the couple?
Maybe
Old Sep 6th 2004, 11:05 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Chicks name on Get a new Life is

Mellisa Porter MMMMMMMM Nice

You can search her name under google or the BBC web site

www.bbc.co.uk

Under search, search for get a new life

Eddie from a humid Glasgow
Old Sep 6th 2004, 11:19 am
squarepants

That is the one, she is a right totty, enough to just watch the show really at the time What is he up to these days, is the other bloke still doing it then, the one that use to remain in the office while she goes off to see the family in their new country?

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Chicks name on Get a new Life is

Mellisa Porter MMMMMMMM Nice

You can search her name under google or the BBC web site

www.bbc.co.uk

Under search, search for get a new life

Eddie from a humid Glasgow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.