Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

German police check translation

German police check translation

Old Dec 3rd 2011, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default German police check translation

Hi all. Just applied for a German PC for my hubby who served in the Army many moons ago and I know we have to get the certificate translated. My question is: Does anyone know whether a German friend of ours who was born and bred in Germany is allowed to provide the translation? He lived in Germany until he was 30 years old. Thanks in advance
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice
Default Re: German police check translation

Hello, was in the same position couple of years ago, I was told that along with the translation I also had to provide the translator's details so they can check their qualifications, got a lady near Peterborough (Cambs) to do the translation for about £20
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Is the translation requirement a recent thing? I also had to get a German police check for our PR application and I didn't have to send in a translation with mine. That was four years ago.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 8:21 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisa_W
Is the translation requirement a recent thing? I also had to get a German police check for our PR application and I didn't have to send in a translation with mine. That was four years ago.
Nor did I. But that was 19 years ago.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Invictus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lisa_W
I think u need to get it translated with a person who is licensed to do German-English translation and they usually put their address and contact details at the bottom of the translated paper.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 8:40 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Nor did I. But that was 19 years ago.
I've just realized that since I was living in Germany the last time I applied for PR, I applied through Bonn. I imagine that one or two of the British Embassy personnel there might possibly read a little German.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

Originally Posted by farjojo71
Hi all. Just applied for a German PC for my hubby who served in the Army many moons ago and I know we have to get the certificate translated. My question is: Does anyone know whether a German friend of ours who was born and bred in Germany is allowed to provide the translation? He lived in Germany until he was 30 years old. Thanks in advance
what documents did you send for proof? just a notarized copy of your passport? Im about to apply for my German PC
Old Dec 4th 2011, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

puggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nice

we also didnt get our french police certificates translated and that was only last year
Old Dec 4th 2011, 2:02 pm
Peter Darwin

pdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend who lives in Germany and is a certified graduate translator who can translate these documents and certify and stamp them too. Turnaround is fast if you're in a hurry.
I know there's probably a ban on advertising in these forums but if folks are looking for this help then it's valuable info.
PM me for info.