Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Furnished houses to rent?

Furnished houses to rent?

Old Nov 30th 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

cathcrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Furnished houses to rent?

Hi, I was just wondering if it's very unusual to get furnished houses to let in Canada? We are hoping to move to Lethbridge next year, initially for a 12 months to see if we like it. Rather than shipping furniture out we were hoping to rent our house in the UK furnished - or put things in storage - and rent a furnished place in Lethbridge. Haven't seen many properties being advertised as fully funished though...

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old Nov 30th 2008, 8:54 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furnished houses to rent?

You may be able to get a furnished home, more likely you will be able to get a furnished apartment.

Here is an example from Winnipeg:-

http://www.rentcanada.com/wre/har170f.html

I don't know if Lethbridge is big enough to have a similar facility.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:36 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cathcrow
Hi, I was just wondering if it's very unusual to get furnished houses to let in Canada? We are hoping to move to Lethbridge next year, initially for a 12 months to see if we like it. Rather than shipping furniture out we were hoping to rent our house in the UK furnished - or put things in storage - and rent a furnished place in Lethbridge. Haven't seen many properties being advertised as fully funished though...

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Hi

we are in lethbridge, if you need any info just advise, also i can pass you the guy who we rented our house from.
although there is not many, i have seen them advertised as full furnished or partly furnished.
also another angel is a website called freecycle, they offer some good stuff and we got from there when we landed and then bought as we have gone through, the spare sofas etc have now gone in the basement for the kids

Also there is a few people who put signs in there garden, if you know when you are coming over etc then i can watch for them for you

hope that helps
Old Dec 1st 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondevil
Hi

Also there is a few people who put signs in there garden, if you know when you are coming over etc then i can watch for them for you

hope that helps
Brings back memories
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

cathcrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moondevil
Hi

we are in lethbridge, if you need any info just advise, also i can pass you the guy who we rented our house from.
although there is not many, i have seen them advertised as full furnished or partly furnished.
also another angel is a website called freecycle, they offer some good stuff and we got from there when we landed and then bought as we have gone through, the spare sofas etc have now gone in the basement for the kids

hope that helps
Thanks so much, that's really generous of you. My cousin moved out two years ago, sold all his furniture in the UK for next to nothing, bought brand new in Canada and was then back in the UK within three months as his wife didn't like it. They lost a lot of money and so I'm just trying to learn from their mistakes and be a bit cautious.

How long have you been in Lethbridge - how are you finding it? We are a young family and I'm just soo excited about getting out there.... Hoping to arrive in August 09.

Any tips/advice/useful info on Lethbridge would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
Amanda
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:32 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cathcrow
Thanks so much, that's really generous of you. My cousin moved out two years ago, sold all his furniture in the UK for next to nothing, bought brand new in Canada and was then back in the UK within three months as his wife didn't like it. They lost a lot of money and so I'm just trying to learn from their mistakes and be a bit cautious.

How long have you been in Lethbridge - how are you finding it? We are a young family and I'm just soo excited about getting out there.... Hoping to arrive in August 09.

Any tips/advice/useful info on Lethbridge would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
Amanda
Amanda....ill send you a PM