Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

funny story of the day!

Wikiposts

funny story of the day!

Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default funny story of the day!

I had to share this one with you all...

My daughter called me this afternoon and told me she had been detained at the border... Well i was beside myself, franticaly worried as to what had happened.

Here goes......
Whilst on a day trip to Niagara falls Canada,My dear old mother took a wrong turn in niagara falls and found themselves on the bridge. US soil.......
Oh, did i mention my daughter had a friend here from England and it was her last day of adventure before she flies back to England later today. Just admiring the veiw and sightseeing.

The police stoped them and my dear mother said she was sorry for the mistake and was going to simply turn the car around. The policeman was not sympathetic at all and became quite agressive as they were already on US soil. Well they were all detained and fingerprinted and checked out.They never had ID with them as they had no intentions of crossing the border. My mother had a massive diabetic attack and an officer helped her with some food.

I am sure my mother must have had terrorist written all over her face (well she scares me at times). Ironic really when you see the likes of people that sail through the boarders. Not that i am complaining about security at all i think it is great.
Everything was fine and they are on their way back now.
I am sure my daughters friend will remember Canada well!