Reload this Page >

funny how life screws you over

funny how life screws you over

Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

canglish is on a distinguished road
Default funny how life screws you over

hello all,

well around about 18months ago i posted on here asking for visa advice, i got the work visa and was happily living with my fiance in ontario.
we recently came to the uk so she could see europe and we could earn some english money to take back to canada and benefit from the high exchange rate.
she had to return home to canada for a surgery, and whilst there had some bad news (her granpa passed away). she has since decided she is no longer sure if she wants to be with me, and needs time to figure out what she wants and needs from life.
I will spare you all the ins and outs but basically, if we dont get back together, what are my chances of still moving out to canada?
i took the skilled worker test on the cic website and scored 72. i worked in canada fulltime for around 20 months, i am a drywaller and my employer is willing to give me my job back anytime i need it.
now is the test accurate? like if you score the neccessary points does it mean you have a good shot of getting in? all of this is still pretty fresh and i hope things work out between me and the girl...but i am considering my options.
any advice would be great

thanks in advance

garry bettis
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: funny how life screws you over

Sorry to hear about that, I really hope things work out for you.
Can you not go over on a work permit and your employer apply for PNP?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

i have no idea what a pnp is? i really dont know the best way to go about any of it.
all i know is i want to live there permanently, and if i dont qualify now, what more can i do to improve my chances?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:17 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by canglish
i have no idea what a pnp is? i really dont know the best way to go about any of it.
all i know is i want to live there permanently, and if i dont qualify now, what more can i do to improve my chances?
Sorry to hear that.

You'll probably get more useful advice if you post this query on the immigration forum.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

We are currently waiting for my husbands LMO so we can go over on a work permit. Once over there the employer is going to apply for PNP, which gets you permanent residency. Its provincial nomination program. Go on the Canadian embassy website and read up on it. If your employer is willing to do this it gets you permanant residency and is also alot quicker than say the normal skilled worker route. What job do you do?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

im a drywaller, called drylining here....basically construction...putting plasterboard up....a trade that was in high demand whilst i was there a few months ago
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:37 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

hello all,

well around about 18months ago i posted on here asking for visa advice, i got the work visa and was happily living with my fiance in ontario.
we recently came to the uk so she could see europe and we could earn some english money to take back to canada and benefit from the high exchange rate.
she had to return home to canada for a surgery, and whilst there had some bad news (her granpa passed away). she has since decided she is no longer sure if she wants to be with me, and needs time to figure out what she wants and needs from life.
I will spare you all the ins and outs but basically, if we dont get back together, what are my chances of still moving out to canada?
i took the skilled worker test on the cic website and scored 72. i worked in canada fulltime for around 20 months, i am a drywaller and my employer is willing to give me my job back anytime i need it.
now is the test accurate? like if you score the neccessary points does it mean you have a good shot of getting in? all of this is still pretty fresh and i hope things work out between me and the girl...but i am considering my options.
any advice would be great

thanks in advance

garry bettis
Sorry about the relationship.

As long as you are honest about education and especially language ability (An old O level doen not prove basic french!) the test is accurate, but the wait for skilled worker is horendous, getting on up to 5 years now. Having the points is not a gaurantee, you nedd to provide well documented evidence of everything you claim, and you need to pass the background criminal / security checks and the medical. If you do all that then eventually you will be accepted I guess, but its a slooooooow process.

With your skills either a work permit (temporary residency) or a place on a provincial nomination process (permanent residency, but Ontario is not included) would be a faster more practical bet, so get talking to employers. With previous canadian experience you have an advantage over many people trying to do the same thing. Albertas booming, try there.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to post a link for the Ontario PNP.... but after a search on the net, it appears that Ontario doesn't have PNP set up. In BC, they are all but screaming for people with your trade qualifications.

I'll include the following link, just so you can see what PNP is....

http://www.ecdev.gov.bc.ca/ProgramsA.../PNP/index.htm

Cheers

Oggy