Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Front Page Story by "Angie"

Front Page Story by "Angie"

Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of
Default Re: Front Page Story by "Angie"

Evening all,

I wondered why there had been so little posting else where within "Canada" today, and then i found you have all been hanging in this thread all day

OK, so to catch up...

Is Purples little piccie fixed? I cant see it either

Off to read the article, back soon...

BTW, i am new to the forum, only wish i had found it SO much sooner, would have been a great help. And i have been made to feel welcome at every turn.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Does look picture postcard perfect, but a bit too remote even for me.
That does concern me a bit...if one of us needed urgent medical attention, or the fact that we're in a log home and outside of any fire department's coverage but I guess there has to be a price to pay for all the positives that living here brings to our lives...
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
That does concern me a bit...if one of us needed urgent medical attention, or the fact that we're in a log home and outside of any fire department's coverage but I guess there has to be a price to pay for all the positives that living here brings to our lives...
But to me it looks totally amazing. You are to be admired for going for your dream, i hope you are loving it.

I would love to live somewhere like that, but worry about how i would earn a living (being just me) somewhere quite that far out.

So for me, a resort town will always have some sort of work and it might mean living in a condo/townhouse but i could afford that (With no mortgage unlike the mortgage i carry here in the UK and probably would for another 15 years) and the mountains and bike trails will be right there. My version of my dream

Re the original article. She talks about making reccies every year. Did she rent a place/buy groceries/meet with local insurance brokers & realtors/enquire about health costs/etc? I have done all those things, i feel i have done all the obvious research, and know it wont be easy but want my dream so am going to work for it.

Lots of us work more than one job at various stages in our lives. I worked 2 jobs to put myself thru uni. I have worked second jobs as and when i have needed to, to get the money for specific things i might want. Otherwise, i live within my means. Why move so often? Moving costs a lot of money in fees, etc. Why do it?

OK, my own little mini-rant over.

Off for a good old cup of tea
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:58 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Ah... here it is ......

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=Angie

I just thought I was having a bad case of deja vu. We've done all this before, and it was boring then too!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:13 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Ah... here it is ......

I just thought I was having a bad case of deja vu. We've done all this before, and it was boring then too!!

Ah I take back everything I said earlier, Angie must have very sore shoulders carrying that big chip around!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Ah... here it is ......

Boy oh boy - just read the link! Has Angie got an agenda! I don't know how she finds time to work! Sad really..........
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Frozenrose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skiboy10
Boy oh boy - just read the link! Has Angie got an agenda! I don't know how she finds time to work! Sad really..........
I just read that angie article and I have to say, having lived here for 7 years I think they must put some funny stuff in 'Angies' backward community for her to spout such absolute drivel. I think that calling canada a third world country is not only wrong, but insulting to Canada. its also misrepresentative of what a third world country actually is negates some third world countries sufferings completely. I am less annoyed at 'Angie' however because it doesnt surprise me that a british person can spout such crap - in all honesty I am glad I am not back in england because at least the level of education here is such that you can tell the difference between third world and western. Its the arrogance of the english that made me leave... please dont bring it here with you, and take away our jobs - I need to be able to work at least 2 or 3 to survive HAHA. maybe its not her accent that incited racism it was her attitude...
I have to run now and hang out with some sleep walking, sheep.

Last edited by Frozenrose; Mar 28th 2007 at 11:58 am.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:22 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robski

Is Purples little piccie fixed? I cant see it either
I don't think so?????:curse:
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:37 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

I met an Indian guy who moved from the UK to Canada (Edmonton) and he thought the UK education system was better but not the life style or opportunities. But others i have talked to and my own experiences mean i agree with some of the points in the article. I guess it depends on where you are. Its the same every where though, different country same colour grass.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
Nope, it's still not there. Have you tryed talking to a moderator about it?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

MesserMoony is on a distinguished road

I can see it.

Could it be also what browsers people are using?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:46 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MesserMoony
I can see it.

Hi,
Guess it could be any reason??? Decided that there's probably a cosmic reason, and who am I to question it, have gone completely la la now over it all...

Charlie
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:50 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

What was it, and animated gif file or something?

I think the powers that be put a stop to all those on bandwidth grounds. Either that or its the wrong size. For some reason the picture on my profile page disappeared a while back...It was fine after I reloaded it, so you could try that.

Hope I'm not repeating previous advice...couldn't be bothered wading back through the thread.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MesserMoony
I can see it.

What browser are you using moon? I'm using Explorer v.7 and on a laptop v.6 can't see it on either.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Nope, it's still not there. Have you tryed talking to a moderator about it?
I think it's a nasty infectious virus and those of us that cannot see it are being protected by our anti virus software. All those that can see it prepare to be invaded by purple 80 trojan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.