Reload this Page >

Friendlier Candians in which province

Friendlier Candians in which province

Old May 20th 2014, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Irishlady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Friendlier Candians in which province

Hello guys,

Where do you reckon the friendliest Canadians live? In which province?

Thanks,
Louise
Old May 20th 2014, 1:20 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friendlier Candians in which province

When I lived in Calgary, on one side of us was a couple that we never spoke to - hardly saw, in fact - in 2 years. They used to drive up, open their automatic garage door and disappear inside, never to be seen again.

On the other side was a very friendly Syrian family who had been in Canada since the 1960s. The husband was a jolly, friendly type and the wife made fantastic Arabic bread in the garage and used to give us some.

So, clearly the answer is Alberta, but only those on your right hand side. Who come from Syria.
Old May 20th 2014, 1:24 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

The friendliest Canadians I know live in Ontario. But that's hardly surprising, as that's also where I live. There are also some unfriendly Canadians here. One of them swore at me, once. So perhaps, on reflection, Ontario is not the most friendly province.

I've heard great things about the friendly qualities of Canadians in Nunavut. I strongly suggest the OP takes a trip to Iqaluit to sample the friendliness for herself.

What a ridiculous question.
Old May 20th 2014, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's ridiculous. But I don't think anyone coming to Canada needs to worry as the personality assessment in the immigration process will assign you to the correct province for your level of friendliness.
Old May 20th 2014, 1:46 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

You could make a hilarious "which province should you live in" decision tree with this.
Should everyone be forced to speak one language?
|-------------------------------------------------|
Yes--------------------------------------------No
|-------------------------------------------------|
VIVE LE QUEBEC.------------------------Go anywhere else.
Old May 20th 2014, 1:53 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
When I lived in Calgary, on one side of us was a couple that we never spoke to - hardly saw, in fact - in 2 years. They used to drive up, open their automatic garage door and disappear inside, never to be seen again.

On the other side was a very friendly Syrian family who had been in Canada since the 1960s. The husband was a jolly, friendly type and the wife made fantastic Arabic bread in the garage and used to give us some.

So, clearly the answer is Alberta, but only those on your right hand side. Who come from Syria.
*Important question: You say righthand side, is that looking at your house from the road, or sitting in your house looking out?*
Old May 20th 2014, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Nice to know that there are lots of idiots and thick ignorant people in Canada (and in this forum as well) LOL
Old May 20th 2014, 2:21 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishlady
Nice to know that there are lots of idiots and thick ignorant people in Canada (and in this forum as well) LOL
It's not so much being thick and/or ignorant, it's that it's entirely subjective. It's not like you have all the grumpy people congregate in one city, and anything anyone WOULD say would be entirely generalising.

I also live in Oakville, Ontario and find it very friendly. It's a typical suburban community, lots of families, lots of kids in community programs, a generally good town set of recreational activities (swimming, sports, classes, etc etc etc). However I have met some people who are grumpy/snobby/entitled. Overall I find it friendly, but others may not. I've heard that Newfoundland is a very friendly province, but again, just depends what you experience when you go out there. Generally speaking, Canada is known as being friendly and welcoming and warm. So it really just depends. There isn't one black and white answer to this.
Old May 20th 2014, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Schnookololy,

Thanks so much for this honest and polite reply!

I agree with you, you can find all types of people everywhere.

I did hear from my Canadian friends though that Canadians in the East (Newfoundland and Nova Scotia) were friendlier.
Old May 20th 2014, 2:46 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishlady
Schnookololy,

Thanks so much for this honest and polite reply!

I agree with you, you can find all types of people everywhere.

I did hear from my Canadian friends though that Canadians in the East (Newfoundland and Nova Scotia) were friendlier.
'Lard 'tunderin jaysus missus, da by's from da Rock are da best kind of people. Sure, and you being from the old country, you'll feel right at home. Luh."
Old May 20th 2014, 3:13 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
*Important question: You say righthand side, is that looking at your house from the road, or sitting in your house looking out?*
A good question, and on reflection, I have reached the conclusion that it is not so much the side that is important, i.e. left or right, but rather the amiability of the occupants of the house to either the left or the right if looking from the road, or the right or the left if looking out from one's house. To wit, it is neither the leftness nor the rightness of the neighbour that determines the friendliness of the province, it is the amiability and possibly even the Syrian-ness.
Old May 20th 2014, 3:25 pm
Slightly Canadian

A good question, and on reflection, I have reached the conclusion that it is not so much the side that is important, i.e. left or right, but rather the amiability of the occupants of the house to either the left or the right if looking from the road, or the right or the left if looking out from one's house. To wit, it is neither the leftness nor the rightness of the neighbour that determines the friendliness of the province, it is the amiability and possibly even the Syrian-ness.
Not to debunk your theory, but we had great neighbours to our left (if looking from the house) while those on the right were much like yours. Kept them selves to their selves etc etc. The lefties (or righties if you look from the street) were Australian. So I posit that it's not the side of the street, nor the Syriannes, but rather the not being Canadian, that's important.
Old May 20th 2014, 3:35 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Why bring Syria into this and leave out other nations? My two nicest neighbours (both left) are from Lebanon and Iran.
Old May 20th 2014, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Souvy
Why bring Syria into this and leave out other nations? My two nicest neighbours (both left) are from Lebanon and Iran.
Just do t live in SouvyVille lol
Old May 20th 2014, 3:46 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

What's this obsession with Canadians being friendly? Friendly with Canadians in my experience, implies interfering and cadging bastards. Friendly cradles is synonymous with annoying locals. No need for them.

Last edited by Oink; May 20th 2014 at 4:22 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.