fort mcmurray

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

jonnychester is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fort mcmurray

hi there,has anyone got any advice on working in fort mcmurray,tried a few websites cant seem to make my mind up.My wife and family would be following me twelve months later,would i be better getting transferred to edmonton when they arrive seems to be a few settled there.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fort mcmurray

Originally Posted by jonnychester
hi there,has anyone got any advice on working in fort mcmurray,tried a few websites cant seem to make my mind up.My wife and family would be following me twelve months later,would i be better getting transferred to edmonton when they arrive seems to be a few settled there.
Edmonton without a doubt. If only for the climate
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:04 pm
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

From what I have heard from people who worked in Fort Mac its not really family friendly.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:26 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Have you checked out how much the average cost of a house is there? I'm sure the wages look pretty good at the moment, but seriously have a look and see if you could afford to buy a house. Keep in mind housing prices there just keep going up!

Having lived in both towns I'd chose Edmonton anyday. Unfortunately my husband HAD to work out at the mines because of his job, so there was no option to work/live elsewhere.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Ricochet_Matt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jonny - are you still considering work in Fort?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:19 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingnut
From what I have heard from people who worked in Fort Mac its not really family friendly.
x10

Whores drugs partying drinking fighting gambling - and that's just for the married guys

ha ha it's the new wild west.

R.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:01 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Trailer homes are going for circa $400k as a starting point! It really is a place for roughnecks and not particularly family friendly. Having said that, I have met people with families that do like it - takes all sorts I suppose.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:52 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MCrocker
It really is a place for roughnecks and not particularly family friendly. Having said that, I have met people with families that do like it - takes all sorts I suppose.
Yes but they moved from Grimsby UK

R.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Josephparappally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonnychester
Hi Jonny

You can check this web site and it will give you more informations. Discussion/communities.

http://www.sacanada.org/

I am also going there with my family to Fort Mc Murry by end of April. We will work with NLHR health region. Lets see what will happen.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:51 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Josephparappally
Hi Jonny

You can check this web site and it will give you more informations. Discussion/communities.

http://www.sacanada.org/

I am also going there with my family to Fort Mc Murry by end of April. We will work with NLHR health region. Lets see what will happen.
There's also the local Fort McMurray message board too.

http://mymcmurray.com/community/message-board.html
Old Apr 16th 2008, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ricochet_Matt
Hi Jonny - are you still considering work in Fort?
hi yeah am still going to fort mcmurray,will be there for 12 months and then hopefully transfer to edmonton when the family arrive,is that best
Old Apr 16th 2008, 5:58 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Yes but they moved from Grimsby UK

R.
Hey im originally from Grimsby UK.........ok i get ya point thats why moved !
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:48 pm
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by TiggerLottie
Hey im originally from Grimsby UK.........ok i get ya point thats why moved !

R.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:32 am
Just Joined

tperkz is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to add to this. We arrived in Fort Mac in 2000 straight from the UK and still live here. Yes it has it's problems but so do most places if you look for them. However, we live in a wonderful family neighbourhood, I have found the schools to be really good, obviously the work opportunities are great and yes you do get used to the Winters!

We arrived when our oldest son was 11 and he graduated High School last year with honours alongside some equally normal, well-adjusted young adults (it's not all drugs, boredom etc etc as some would have you believe). Our youngest son was born here, is now 5 and doing equally well in a wonderful school.

If you are going to work here, bring your family here - don't commute!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tperkz
I have to add to this. We arrived in Fort Mac in 2000 straight from the UK and still live here. Yes it has it's problems but so do most places if you look for them. However, we live in a wonderful family neighbourhood, I have found the schools to be really good, obviously the work opportunities are great and yes you do get used to the Winters!

We arrived when our oldest son was 11 and he graduated High School last year with honours alongside some equally normal, well-adjusted young adults (it's not all drugs, boredom etc etc as some would have you believe). Our youngest son was born here, is now 5 and doing equally well in a wonderful school.

If you are going to work here, bring your family here - don't commute!
thanks tperks what areas of fort mcmurray should i be looking at if i was going to settle with the family cheers jonny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.