Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Formula One Race on Sunday

Formula One Race on Sunday

Old Oct 20th 2007, 5:54 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Formula One Race on Sunday

Originally Posted by Jackson 5
Hi,

The race is in Brazil so it should start at about Lunch time here in Canada (Ontario)?? I have found a place called Wegz Stadium Bar (1.5km east of Hwy 400, on Rutherford Road. 0.5km east of Keele Street, they are showing the Race place looks ok take a look http://www.wegz.com

Andrew
That just 10 minutes from home. I might drop by as well. What time is it on then? (I take it it's not 8 am after all?).

Edit: Ah! Noon.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Oct 20th 2007 at 5:58 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 5:59 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RGPickles
Hi

I am in the UK and I am seriously thinking about this... move to Canada, virtually no F1! There must be a way! Is this an option to pay for in Canada?
Every race is on live here in NS (*with the ITV commentary team*)
Old Oct 20th 2007, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Jackson 5 is an unknown quantity at this point

see you there Novocastrian !

Andrew
Old Oct 20th 2007, 7:30 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Yep, TSN 10:00 a.m. Mountain, 8:00 a.m. Eastern.
Someone was mathematically challenged last night.

My apologies for subtracting two hours instead of adding.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuarty
McLaren, Fair! I think you should ask David Coulthard about that one, remember how he had to let Hakkinen pass on the finish line due to some prior agreement, but not obviously due to 'team orders'. It was strange that DC's car was the one that had mechanical faults no team preference though.
Yes you're right and I'd forgotton about that incident but on the whole I don't think DC did too badly with McLaren. After all he was there a long time.

You know I'm not a McLaren fan, (I've always had a soft spot for Williams) but I really doubt that McLaren would have paid a bumper salary to Alonso only to then ensure that he played second fiddle to Hamilton.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mc_dub
When your boss tells the media he's not speaking to you, that's putting you at a disadvantage straight away because you're going to be asked about it relentlessly, going public with it also has to put seeds of doubt and distrust in the head of your driver and has also had some regulator in the garagee this week which Alonso didn't want and has called a distraction .
I certainly don't think McLaren have handled the situation all that well but neither has Alonso. He seems to have expected favoured treatment and hasn't got it. Who knows? Maybe he was promised it and so has a reasonable complaint but I doubt somehow that he was.

They've been paying Alonso a lot of money. Would they really have wanted to screw up his season deliberately? The reigning world champion?

Ah well. It'll soon be over and we won't care anymore.