Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Fog in Nova Scotia

Fog in Nova Scotia

Old Dec 25th 2010, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fog in Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by edwinslad
That would be Sable Island you're thinking of. I meant the one beside Barrington, more commonly known as Cape Island. Where the "Cape Islander" style of fishing boat is made.
Cheers, Eric.
CSI BABY! I love CSI! Vacationed there this summer to visit friends. I live in the Annapolis Valley, well... The North Mountain. Fog can be thick but it is pretty rare and is no big deal at all.

Roxy
Old Dec 25th 2010, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Yes Kelowna is 93rd.
Old Dec 26th 2010, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

gvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to all

We live in Fall River (15 minutes out of Halifax inland towards the airport) and rarely get fog. Unless you are intending on living in a coastal area, then I don't think fog will be an issue. Where were you planning on settling and where on earth did you read that we get 300 days of fog a year?
Old Dec 31st 2010, 3:12 am
Just Joined

rfied112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gvanleer
We live in Fall River (15 minutes out of Halifax inland towards the airport) and rarely get fog. Unless you are intending on living in a coastal area, then I don't think fog will be an issue. Where were you planning on settling and where on earth did you read that we get 300 days of fog a year?
anyone live in eastern shore below guysborough, looking at halfway cove area and wondering about fog
Old Dec 31st 2010, 4:43 am
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice

Originally Posted by rfied112
anyone live in eastern shore below guysborough, looking at halfway cove area and wondering about fog
I don't think anyone has to worry about fog ruining their day in NS. No matter where you are. The fog charts of "how many days of fog" etc, are just that; a count of how many days fog exists. Not how many hours - ie. 24 hours of fog = 1 day of fog. Fog might exist each of those days for less than an hour or a couple of hours, in the morning or in the evening.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 5:15 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexisatk
I don't think anyone has to worry about fog ruining their day in NS. No matter where you are. The fog charts of "how many days of fog" etc, are just that; a count of how many days fog exists. Not how many hours - ie. 24 hours of fog = 1 day of fog. Fog might exist each of those days for less than an hour or a couple of hours, in the morning or in the evening.
As I said previously.....

We live just the other side of Herring Cove from Halifax & regularly have fog for a solid week at a time in the Spring..
Old Jan 1st 2011, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joe_Sleepy
As I said previously.....

We live just the other side of Herring Cove from Halifax & regularly have fog for a solid week at a time in the Spring..

We are in Bedford and also have fog for days on end, mainly from May to August.
It really does depend on where you live in NS and how close you are to the ocean, especially on the Atlantic side
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:39 pm
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice

Originally Posted by val50
We are in Bedford and also have fog for days on end, mainly from May to August.
It really does depend on where you live in NS and how close you are to the ocean, especially on the Atlantic side
This is all opinion based, everyone is going to have a different opinion.

Fog is no worse or no better than in the UK. This thread is really annoying please close it.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Fog is no worse or no better than in the UK. This thread is really annoying please close it.

what are you on about - if anything is irritating it's you
It is not opinion based at all - it's fact. I've lived in Bedford for 5 years now and the fog has been a real problem for us. It's also a problem during the summer if you want to spend time at certain places along the coast - I've driven to the beach at Lawrencetown on a number of occassions only to have to turn back as the fog has been so thick.
The OP asked a serious question, to which some of us have been trying to give them a sensible answer.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that is the nature of a discussion forum.

This thread is really annoying please close it.
You want me to close a thread because it's annoying you?! Unless I've missed something obvious, and it's actually breaking site rules, I won't be closing it. If you don't agree with what others are saying, that's your perogative, but you don't get to choose which threads we close I'm afraid! Just don't post on it if it's annoying you that much.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 1st 2011 at 9:57 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:58 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has been enlightening. Apparently some parts of NS are foggier than others, some folk don't like the fog, others are indifferent, and some individuals get irritated by the fact that NS in general is the fog capital of Canada. Quite Fascinating.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you for real

Old Jan 1st 2011, 10:27 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

My statement is in no way "opinion based". The most consecutive fog days we have had at our place is 13.

As Val so eloquently put it, it depends on where you live in relation to the ocean. We regularly drive home from a sun dappled Halifax & hit a wall of fog 5mins from our house..

Fog doesn't really bother me that much, it's quite atmospheric, but by around day 7/8 it can be a little wearing..
Old Jan 1st 2011, 11:24 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Huh?? oh get over yerself woman!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 1:20 am
Just Joined

rfied112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joe_Sleepy
Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

My statement is in no way "opinion based". The most consecutive fog days we have had at our place is 13.

As Val so eloquently put it, it depends on where you live in relation to the ocean. We regularly drive home from a sun dappled Halifax & hit a wall of fog 5mins from our house..

Fog doesn't really bother me that much, it's quite atmospheric, but by around day 7/8 it can be a little wearing..
can anyone specifically address what they find the fog situation to be south of guysborough on chedabucto bay ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.