Reload this Page >

Flying out of Buffalo for a Weekend Away

Flying out of Buffalo for a Weekend Away

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

.c.s.o. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flying out of Buffalo for a Weekend Away

Firstly, Happy New Year!

I'm thinking of going to Mexico City for the weekend later this month and in order to save a bit of money I'm interested in flying out of Buffalo instead of YYZ.

I already have an I-94W in my passport that is good 'til March so getting to Buffalo should be less painful than usual. My question is what happens when I get to the Airport, will they take away my I-94W upon departing the States to Mexico and will I have to complete an ESTA in order to return to then drive home? I imagine they will take it away when I leave and then I have to "re-enter" the states on my return and get a new visa waiver, requiring me to go through the whole ESTA thing. Would this be correct?

Thanks for any advice in advance.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying out of Buffalo for a Weekend Away

Yes you require ESTA

Q: Do nationals or citizens of countries that participate in the VWP require an ESTA if they are only transiting the United States en route to another country?
A: Yes. Eligible nationals or citizens of countries that participate in the VWP require either an ESTA or a visa to transit the United States. If a traveler is only planning to transit through the United States en route to another country, when he or she completes the ESTA application, the traveler should enter the words "In Transit" and his or her final destination in the address lines under the heading “Address While In The United States.”

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id...wp/faq_vwp.xml
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

.c.s.o. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flying out of Buffalo for a Weekend Away

Thanks, FL. I had a feeling you were going to be the one who replies. I'll get on that right away.