Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flying dog out with us, quoted £1800!!!!

Flying dog out with us, quoted £1800!!!!

Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flying dog out with us, quoted £1800!!!!

How sad for you
Thankfully she had you at the end xxx
Old Apr 25th 2013, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

franfluff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Said goodbye to her tonight , a great big soft family pet of a Shepherd , didn't think it would so sudden . In bits at the moment .
Oh noooo so sorry to hear this, massive hugs to you, atleast she had some nice Canadian years out with you! xxx
Old Apr 25th 2013, 2:11 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Said goodbye to her tonight , a great big soft family pet of a Shepherd , didn't think it would so sudden . In bits at the moment .
Sorry to hear that, I know the feeling, especially with two sheps I had.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I am so very sorry to hear that.. it's devastating, I know.

She knew she was loved.

<hugs>
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Theoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really nice

So sorry to hear that. it's devastating every time but they're worth it for all the joy they bring when they're with you. I hope you can soon look back fondly on the good times.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

AberystwythGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by franfluff
Airpet have just quoted me £1800 to fly our border collie out with us from Heathrow to Winnipeg, rather pricey and also they said they might not be able to fly her from Toronto to Winnipeg as the plane is smaller = no efficient heating where the dog goes, i cant have the dog left in Toronto to travel via car to Winnipeg (she told me to do this haha) Any other way of doing it myself??? This quote had everything includede, eg crate, delivery to terminal, health certificate etc but still £1800!!! (quote a few months ago was £1500) pfff what to do now.....
Flying cat & dog from Gatwick to Vancouver with Air Transat $275 CAD each on 28 May.
They will be on the same plane as us - we check them in at the same desk as ourselves 3 hours before the flights,
Old Apr 29th 2013, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AberystwythGirl
Flying cat & dog from Gatwick to Vancouver with Air Transat $275 CAD each on 28 May.
They will be on the same plane as us - we check them in at the same desk as ourselves 3 hours before the flights,
yeh i could fly from gatwich/heathrow to Toronto with Airtransat but its from Torornto to Winnipeg that i would get stuck at as its with Air Canada again think ill have to pay the £1300 so theres no hassle at the other end you know! Im from Pembrokeshire btw Aberystwyth is about 1.30hour up from us and we are hoping to fly out on the 29th may lol
Old Apr 29th 2013, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by franfluff
yeh i could fly from gatwich/heathrow to Toronto with Airtransat but its from Torornto to Winnipeg that i would get stuck at as its with Air Canada again think ill have to pay the £1300 so theres no hassle at the other end you know! Im from Pembrokeshire btw Aberystwyth is about 1.30hour up from us and we are hoping to fly out on the 29th may lol
Hassle free is sometimes worth paying for - Just be thankful you're not flying horses out at 5k each! My hubby is from Fishguard originally! Was down in Castell Henllys Iron Age fort just last week! Getting loads of history into the kids before we leave!!!
Good luck with your journey.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

um well was thinking about flying my horses out but would cost $6000 each, ive sold them now but broke my heart, i bred friesians and will hopefully again in Canada once settled! Yeh its nice down here, my friend used to live in Aber, beautiful place also! Good luck with your journey also xxx
Old May 1st 2013, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Theoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really nice

do you know where you go to collect the dogs at Vancouver airport - just wondering if it's oversize baggage or cargo when they travel on the same flight as you?
We travel to Vancouver in a month.
Thanks
Old May 1st 2013, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

Just landed and it cost us £175.00
Old May 1st 2013, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
Just landed and it cost us £175.00
Congrats. Hope you're enjoying it.

Did you land in Vancouver? If so, where did you collect the dog from?
Old May 1st 2013, 1:31 pm
ak9
Forum Regular

ak9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you book directly with them or through a company???? are they travelling in the actual cabin or will they be in the cargo hold?
Old May 1st 2013, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

We went to Toronto and our dog was waiting in the package area, near the suitcases. He has settled well.

The Dogs go in the hold. Have to say £175.00 was a bargain.

R
Old May 1st 2013, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ak9
Did you book directly with them or through a company???? are they travelling in the actual cabin or will they be in the cargo hold?
I booked the dog and cat with Air Transat direct - had to phone the Cargo office in Montreal at the same time as booking our flights online. Otherwise there might not have been space for them (I was told the plane we are going on has space for 5 animals). It was quite simple in the end.
Air Transat don't allow pets in the cabin - not that I would want our dog in the Cabin for 8/9 hours!!! - they are in the hold. I have been told that they need to be checked in at the main check in 3 hours before flying.

I will post up where we ended up picking them up from in Vancouver when I get there and find them!!!!LOL.

OMG the packers arrive in 3 weeks!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.