Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

FlyGlobespn Safety

FlyGlobespn Safety

Old Sep 24th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FlyGlobespn Safety

Originally Posted by Andy1l
Zoom Airlines are often cheaper than FlyGlobespan, and aswel as all the pluses on the flight and ontime preformance, they actualy fly to Toronto, and not Hamilton.
Last time I flew zoom I had 15 hour delay outbound and 5 hour delay coming back. People who flew regularly seemed to think that this was a regular occurrance
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

pjlfc will become famous soon enoughpjlfc will become famous soon enough

Just got back this morning from London,On.

We(2 adults,2 kids 14 & 8) flew with Globespan from Liverpool to Hamilton.No complaints,flight out delayed by 50mins(it left Stanstead late),flight home left on time and we got into Liverpool 30mins earlier than expected.
Will fly into Hamilton again next year,no probs.Baggage was on the carousel nice and quick,picked the rental up from National,no problems,plus its also closer for us heading out to London(403 west only 15mins away).
Meals were ok,cabin crew were polite and helpful but if you've got youngish kids,make sure you take stuff for them to do!
The £300 we saved,paid for the car rental for the 2 weeks we were there.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:23 pm
Glasgow

Andy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant future

Looks like all the crew who have not been sacked are planning to walk out, this could get very messy.

I dont use FlyGlobespan for Canada, but I do almost every month for flights to Alicante, spanish expat, but after reading this I will be avioding the airline at ALL costs

http://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/f...ics.asp?FID=25
Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like all the crew who have not been sacked are planning to walk out, this could get very messy.

I dont use FlyGlobespan for Canada, but I do almost every month for flights to Alicante, spanish expat, but after reading this I will be avioding the airline at ALL costs

http://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/f...ics.asp?FID=25
i flew with them in may, it was hell on earth, i now know why the staff were so rude, i feel sorry for being rude back to them now it took me 20 to get home arrrrrrrrrr
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:59 pm
Glasgow

Andy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Thunderchicken
My OH just got back from his recce to London. He flew with Canadian Affair/Thomas Cook, Manchester to Toronto. £250 return. No problems either way but it seems Thomas Cook dont fly there over winter which is a shame as legroom was good, meals good, films pretty recent and apart from a couple of tits sitting behind him overall the flights were good. He should know, he's ex-crew!

I think with low cost airlines it's the luck of the draw on the day. They all have good days and they all have bad days, some more than others it seems.

Maybe someone can correct me on this but if an airlines maintenance and safety record concern the CAA they ban them from EU airspace. Have a gander at this list, you'll notice a definate pattern :

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/pdf/list_en.pdf

You'll be fine, have a good flight. I'd suggest taking some entertaiment in case you are hit with a delay.

Mandi.
hi

Have a look at the cabin crew forum I posted a link too, crew have made a number of comments saying management have forced them into breaking CAA laws, and pilots have been forced, again by senior management, to alter there log books to keep the CAA Happy.

Just want to make clear, its not me saying this, it’s the cabin crew employed by FlyGlobespan.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

eagle_eye is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

Have a look at the cabin crew forum I posted a link too, crew have made a number of comments saying management have forced them into breaking CAA laws, and pilots have been forced, again by senior management, to alter there log books to keep the CAA Happy.

Just want to make clear, its not me saying this, it’s the cabin crew employed by FlyGlobespan.
Got our flights booked with flyglobespan for October and we are now getting really worried after reading this thread

Tried last night to cancel our flights but was told it would cost us £714 of the £896 we have paid so it's not really an option :curse:
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:59 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eagle_eye
Got our flights booked with flyglobespan for October and we are now getting really worried after reading this thread

Tried last night to cancel our flights but was told it would cost us £714 of the £896 we have paid so it's not really an option :curse:
you should tell them you have contacted the research team at Channel 4's Watchdog and that they have expressed "considerable interest" in the story, especially owing to the safety issues
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:37 pm
Glasgow

Originally Posted by NSpaul
you should tell them you have contacted the research team at Channel 4's Watchdog and that they have expressed "considerable interest" in the story, especially owing to the safety issues
Thats not a bad idea, and I'm sure if the press was to get there hands on this info there would be ALOT of bad publicity for FlyGlobespan.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

JoeC is an unknown quantity at this point

Air Transat will be using a specially configured Skyservice 757 on their route to Edinburgh this summer.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

vanman is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Sarah2 i travelled air india to mumbai from heathrow 3 weeks ago. i found they were the cheapest flight for the dates i required. i will say however that the majority of there aircraft are old with poor inflight entertainment, on most aircraft there are only older style suspended tv's which are hard to view. the films are as said before mainly bollywood and the food is curry.

having said this it is an indian airline so curries and bollywood are to be expected after all! all in all i had a pleasent return flight as they are hardly ever full and nearly every passenger had 3 seats to themselves!

my father on the other hand took the same flight a week earlier and missed his connection due to the plane being diverted. this was due to the fact not enough seats had been filled for his flight so they filled the plane with passengers heading to another destination!

he was not impressed....
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

vanman is an unknown quantity at this point

i've just seen this thread was started in september 2007!