flyglobespan

Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:33 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all
Default Re: flyglobespan

Oh, I thought you just meant I was really irritating . That too, obviously.

When (if) I ever get to the emigrating stage, I will be too busy breathing into a paper bag and trying to steal valium from my fellow passengers to have time to chat.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:34 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

Shit, what's Canadian for Valium?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:28 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
Shit, what's Canadian for Valium?
Molson.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

chrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the rough

I had to return quickly to england for an operation my daughter(who still lives in uk) was having so thought i would try globespan.
I booked on the net and that was ok, but then i had to change it to fly an earlier day back, that was then a nightmare, 2 different people had promised they had changed my booking in vancouver and hadnt so my mum had to call glasgow and do it there, hence all the economy seats had gone so had to go premium, the seating is better on premium,longer leg room, but service still terrible.
We were delayed an hour, then left waiting on plane an hour, then flew to calgary and on to manchester, crew were italian not globespan crew at all,and nothing against any italian but they talked in italian between themselves infront of us, were very very rude to passengers and we never got a drink for 4 hours, food after 5 hours, one toilet working on the plane, due to crew having their luggage in others.
All in all and i could go on but in the 13hours we had 2 drinks of water, one meal and a bun for breakfast, crew went to sleep after dinner, no duty free and i was dreading the return flight. I was economy on return, delayed 4 hours, then delayed another hour on plane, same terrible rude shocking service from the italian crew and 2 toilets this time, but there was one globespan crew onboard who was run into the ground,delayed at calgary,this making me miss the last ferry back to VI. And when we complained to globespan only staff member she basically said tuff... we got you from manchester to vancouver and that was our job!!!
So from the 2 nightmare flights i will never ever travel with globespan again, but thats just my experience and i know its a means to an end for you but for anyone else i would most certainly try another airline, it took me days to get over that flight. And i am certainly complaining.
I am sorry if this has put you off and again that was just my flight but i did hear some other terrible stories from ther passengers and i was suprised that i got off lightly!!

Last edited by chrisi65; Jun 19th 2007 at 4:55 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

irthedino is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: flyglobespan

I can't find a seat-map now to check, but I'm sure that when I booked my flights for October, the Premium Economy seats where in a different layout to normal Economy: 2-3-2 as opposed to 3-3-3. This was the main reason I chose to pay the difference, because there will be two of us travelling, and we hate having a stranger next to us, so I hope that's still the case.
We've just got back from BC,

Booked with Canadian Affair, pre-selected seats online when booking for only an extra few pounds. There were 4 of us - 2 adults 2 kids - so we just chose seats towards the rear of the plane where it narrows down from 3 to 2 seats on each side. Gives a lot more legroom and easy to stretch out as the aisle's wider and the extra seat in front means you can stretch out without tripping anyone else up! No worries with annoying the 3rd person/stranger in the row as you keep squeezing past everytime you need to stand up!

Flight out was on Thomas Cook, returned on My Travel - TC definitely the better option in relation to meals, service and quality of seatback TV/games to keep the kids quiet!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

trevie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by irthedino

Booked with Canadian Affair, pre-selected seats online when booking for only an extra few pounds. There were 4 of us - 2 adults 2 kids - so we just chose seats towards the rear of the plane where it narrows down from 3 to 2 seats on each side. Gives a lot more legroom and easy to stretch out as the aisle's wider and the extra seat in front means you can stretch out without tripping anyone else up! No worries with annoying the 3rd person/stranger in the row as you keep squeezing past everytime you need to stand up!

Flight out was on Thomas Cook, returned on My Travel - TC definitely the better option in relation to meals, service and quality of seatback TV/games to keep the kids quiet!
Hi,
You saying nice things about Canadian Affair. Well I would never fly with them again. Booked 8 months in advance, upgraded seats,chosen seats. We had 24 hour delay, got seperated from my 2 children(on their ist flights) Airline had double booked us with another family who had only booked that week. Were supposed to get our luggage 1st(priority baggage) came oue last after an hour.
Tried to get compensation and the airline said we got what we paid for???
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:17 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevie
Hi,
You saying nice things about Canadian Affair. Well I would never fly with them again. Booked 8 months in advance, upgraded seats,chosen seats. We had 24 hour delay, got seperated from my 2 children(on their ist flights) Airline had double booked us with another family who had only booked that week. Were supposed to get our luggage 1st(priority baggage) came oue last after an hour.
My experience with them was so bad - just through the booking process! - that we ended up cancelling and losing $300, but felt it was well worth it to avoid further nightmares. They changed the date of departure as well as the airport without even letting us know!! We switched to BA on a seat sale and ended up paying less, though in economy but as we know the layout of their plane so well we knew exactly which seats to book, and got two together almost at the back, where there is lots of leg room because of the extra seat in front.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bratpack
Hi
I just flew with globespan on the 9th of june from edinburgh it was a nightmare 10 hour delay to the flight
Ouch! We watched the week before's flight take off from EDI and it was only 30mins late as far as I could tell. Luck of the draw
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

irthedino is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trevie
Hi,
We booked about 6 months in advance, pre-selected our seats online, our kids first flight too. No delays on the flights, kids were on their first flight too and put at ease by the very helpful and pleasant cabin crew. No double bookings. No problems with luggage.

I guess there's always gonna be people who have had bad experiences and those who have had good experiences, even on the same flight!!!

Sorry your experience was such a bad one.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:07 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

Originally Posted by irthedino

Booked with Canadian Affair, pre-selected seats online when booking for only an extra few pounds. There were 4 of us - 2 adults 2 kids - so we just chose seats towards the rear of the plane where it narrows down from 3 to 2 seats on each side. Gives a lot more legroom and easy to stretch out as the aisle's wider and the extra seat in front means you can stretch out without tripping anyone else up!
Yes, I did this last time I flew to Vancouver, and as you say it's great to have those groups of two seats. Made the flight a lot more bearable, as long as you don't sit too near the loos of course! I would do it again now but I've already booked with Globespan, and I'd lose at least £150 if I cancelled now. Also, I booked two Premium Economy tickets for about £700 with Globespan, and I've just checked on a couple of other sites (Zoom, Canadian Affair etc.) and now two basic Economy tickets are going for more than that (plus that £150), so I think I'm just going to have to sit tight and hope for the best.

I'm so worried that the damn airline will go out of business or something now though .
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Immigrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, and just for comparison, this is the supposed difference between the two types of Economy:

No Frills
• Generous seat pitch
• 20kg luggage allowance
• Pre-select your seats from £7
• One [no idea what this means, by the way]
• In-flight entertainment available
at a small fee

Premium
• Generous seat pitch
• 30kg luggage allowance
• Complimentary seat selection
• Priority check-in
• Complimentary drinks
• Full meal service
select your choice online
• In-flight entertainment
• Complimentary headsets
Hipster
I think the small fee is probably for headphones, you know the ones that dont fit any of you other portable music devices and if you use the ones from your mp3 player you only get sound in one ear!!!

Zoom charge for those too, not sure about others
Rob
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: flyglobespan

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Molson.
Brilliant!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Canpickle is just really niceCanpickle is just really niceCanpickle is just really niceCanpickle is just really niceCanpickle is just really niceCanpickle is just really niceCanpickle is just really niceCanpickle is just really nice

Flew Hamilton to Stansted on May 24th and wouldn't fly Globespan again. Found out on arrival that the flight was via Belfast, lined up for a year and a day as they only had two staff on for two flights, got into the air and found out that we had a thief on the plane (granted not Globespans fault), plane seemed old, no screens in the back of the seats. Food was okay though.

Journey home, got to the airport to find that the plane had only just left Toronto 5.5 hours late (found out later they'd had probs two days running with engines), couldn't get our delegated seats until we'd dropped a load of very frustrated people off in Liverpool. Seat pitch in premium economy was no different to the economy behind us. Finally got to Hamilton and waited another age for the bags to come off

Next time we'll do what we've done for years and fly Canadian Affair , haven't got a bad word to say about them, just thought we'd try the Hamilton experience. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:20 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

Originally Posted by Immigrant
I think the small fee is probably for headphones, you know the ones that dont fit any of you other portable music devices and if you use the ones from your mp3 player you only get sound in one ear!!!
Oh god, I really am SO looking forward to this most luxurious of flights. FFS. Is it illegal to take laptops in the cabin, now? I may need one to beat the flight attendants to death.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:21 am
Just Joined

flirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really nice

Oh god, I really am SO looking forward to this most luxurious of flights. FFS. Is it illegal to take laptops in the cabin, now? I may need one to beat the flight attendants to death.
Nope, your bludgeoning instrument of choice is perfectly legal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.