flyglobespan

Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

flirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really nice
Question flyglobespan

All,

I've had a look through the threads but have yet to find a good summary to answer my question so thought I'd pose it directly and see what feedback I get...

My partner and I are over on a house hunting trip from 27th June to the Kitchener-Waterloo area, we are booked in Premium Economy on FlyGlobeSpan flights.

I'd like to get some opinions from people who have used them recently, we're flying from Gatwick to Hamilton via Glasgow.

I'd also welcome opinions about the K-W area in general if anyone wants to give them....

Thanks, these forums have certainly helped with my research so far.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 5:47 pm
bratpack

bratpack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: flyglobespan

Hi
I just flew with globespan on the 9th of june from edinburgh it was a nightmare 10 hour delay to the flight premium economy is the same as economy same seats etc u just get food etc not worth the extra I would suggest once we got airborn all was ok quite a quick flight think they were trying to make up some time. Cannot help with the other part of your question good luck I must get on with my job hunting.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 6:31 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flirble
All,

I've had a look through the threads but have yet to find a good summary to answer my question so thought I'd pose it directly and see what feedback I get...

My partner and I are over on a house hunting trip from 27th June to the Kitchener-Waterloo area, we are booked in Premium Economy on FlyGlobeSpan flights.

I'd like to get some opinions from people who have used them recently, we're flying from Gatwick to Hamilton via Glasgow.

I'd also welcome opinions about the K-W area in general if anyone wants to give them....

Thanks, these forums have certainly helped with my research so far.
Type globespan in the search box at the top right of the page, from memory celine_uk just had a really bad experience with them.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

flirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really niceflirble is just really nice

Yup I saw celine_uk's disaster, which is kinda what prompted the post really. I've noticed their times for LGW - YHM appear to be getting better over the last couple of weeks, even today seemed pretty good only 15 - 20mins late on each departure.

Can anyone tell me does premium economy give you any more legroom? the booking agent said it did, but nowhere can I find anything regarding seat pitch... the website is typically vague with 'Generous Seat Pitch' quoted...
Old Jun 18th 2007, 6:56 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Yup I saw celine_uk's disaster, which is kinda what prompted the post really. I've noticed their times for LGW - YHM appear to be getting better over the last couple of weeks, even today seemed pretty good only 15 - 20mins late on each departure.

Can anyone tell me does premium economy give you any more legroom? the booking agent said it did, but nowhere can I find anything regarding seat pitch... the website is typically vague with 'Generous Seat Pitch' quoted...
look at bratpacks post above, he says that premium economy sit in the exact same seats as economy and its not worth paying the extra.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I did see that, however that is one person's experience, and I was wondering if there were any more out there...
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

suecakes has a brilliant futuresuecakes has a brilliant futuresuecakes has a brilliant futuresuecakes has a brilliant futuresuecakes has a brilliant futuresuecakes has a brilliant future

My husband flew with globespan recently, much more leg room than other airlines, no delays, upgraded to premium for the extra baggage, choice of meals and the convenience of pre booking seat on line. It didn't cost much more and he thought it was worth it. He would fly with them again just for the extra leg room.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Never trust an airline that quotes "Generous seat pitch" but is unwilling to say what it is.
It just means it can be whatever they want it to be so if they have to consolidate flights and cannot offer bigger legroom no one can complain.

Just my opinion.
Have you looked on Skytrax for customer feedback and seat information. I don't know if they are listed but worth a look.

http://www.airlinequality.com/
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:55 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

I can't find a seat-map now to check, but I'm sure that when I booked my flights for October, the Premium Economy seats where in a different layout to normal Economy: 2-3-2 as opposed to 3-3-3. This was the main reason I chose to pay the difference, because there will be two of us travelling, and we hate having a stranger next to us, so I hope that's still the case.

I have to say I am dreading flying with these people after all the bad reviews I've read lately. I still don't know whether it would be best to cancel, lose my £150 deposit and book again with somebody else?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Yup same for me, I saw the alternate layout, apparently an extra 3" seat pitch better food etc etc ....

For me cancelling is not an option as it's all paid for by my Canadian employer already so I'm hoping it doesn't all end up in a rubbish flight with non-existant PE class...
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:33 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

Oh good, I'm glad you saw it too!

Do you know what the situation is with in-flight entertainment, by the way? I had just assumed that it would be seat-back TVs, because even the most budget airlines tend to have this nowadays, and also because entertainment is free if you're flying Premium Economy, but chargeable in Economy, which made me think that it can't possibly be communal screens, as how would they enforce the free/chargeable aspect? I really hope it's not communal screens: not only are they impossible to see, but the films always end up being family-friendly schlok because of the chance that children will see them. It's a 9/10 hour flight- books just won't cut it for all of that!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:38 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

Oh, and just for comparison, this is the supposed difference between the two types of Economy:

No Frills
• Generous seat pitch
• 20kg luggage allowance
• Pre-select your seats from £7
• One [no idea what this means, by the way]
• In-flight entertainment available
at a small fee

Premium
• Generous seat pitch
• 30kg luggage allowance
• Complimentary seat selection
• Priority check-in
• Complimentary drinks
• Full meal service
select your choice online
• In-flight entertainment
• Complimentary headsets
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:14 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
I can't find a seat-map now to check, but I'm sure that when I booked my flights for October, the Premium Economy seats where in a different layout to normal Economy: 2-3-2 as opposed to 3-3-3. This was the main reason I chose to pay the difference, because there will be two of us travelling, and we hate having a stranger next to us, so I hope that's still the case.

I have to say I am dreading flying with these people after all the bad reviews I've read lately. I still don't know whether it would be best to cancel, lose my £150 deposit and book again with somebody else?
Just think how much fun you would have pi**ing off a stranger who is going to Canada on holidays whenever you are "landing". I know I have a wicked sense of humour
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:22 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

Eh? I don't get it.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 12:54 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
Eh? I don't get it.
Well....... people generally sitting beside you on a flight are just going on holidays and think it would be great to be going to Canada to live. Whenever you are immigrating wouldnt it be nice to be able to tell the stranger sitting beside you that that is exactly what you are doing. I'd bet they would be real jealous!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.