British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Fly Globespan-Glasgow to Halifax-Toronto (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/fly-globespan-glasgow-halifax-toronto-609314/)

budcolin May 15th 2009 2:43 pm

Fly Globespan-Glasgow to Halifax-Toronto

:thumbdown:
Just been informed that Globespan have changed our flight from Glasgow to Halifax from 15th July to 18th.
I believe all their summer flights to Halifax have been changed from Wednesday's to Saturday and will include Toronto passengers stopping off at Halifax.
Of course they informed us after our payment was processed.....Grrrrrr
Even though they are a budget airline and you can expect these things, it's not exactly a budget cost!:sneaky:

rach_woz99 May 15th 2009 11:26 pm

Re: Fly Globespan-Glasgow to Halifax-Toronto

God I dont believe it - my mum has booked to see us and I dont know if she will be able to change her holidays; she comes in 2 weeks

I bloody hate :sneaky:budget:sneaky: airlines:thumbdown::thumbdown:

albertabound May 16th 2009 5:40 am

We used Globespan 2 years ago. We paid for direct flights, to Toronto, upgraded too.
3 week before we were due to go, got an email saying we would be going to Glasgow first. This added 3 hours onto our time on the plane, waiting at Glasgow etc.
We were delayed by 6 hours going.
On the way back we were delayed by a full day. They kept us waiting on the street for our transfer coach to pick us up for over 3 hours. We were told at the airport that we were not going till the next day.
It then took them over 2 hours to arrange taxis to take us to a hotel.
Half the taxi drivers would not pick up because of unpaid bills.
Same thing again next morning to get us to the airport.
We found out later that this was common practise for Globespan. They will only fly nearly full planes.
Our original plane from Manchester had been "hired" out to Indian Airlines.
I am really surprised that they are still operating.
To anyone out there, I would seriuosly look elsewhere if you could. I know that this does not help those already booked and paid for.
They are without doubt the worst airline I have ever used.
Oh and dont expect a drink until at least 3 hours into your flight.
Tina

budcolin May 16th 2009 10:52 am

Originally Posted by rach_woz99 (Post 7576011)
God I dont believe it - my mum has booked to see us and I dont know if she will be able to change her holidays; she comes in 2 weeks

I bloody hate :sneaky:budget:sneaky: airlines:thumbdown::thumbdown:

I know the feeling.We've had to re schedule our car hire and accommodation.
In fairness they did offer a full refund, but Glasgow is convenient for us, and they've allowed extra luggage allowance.
Here's hoping the plane shows up:unsure::unsure:

rach_woz99 May 16th 2009 2:00 pm

:(Yep rang my mum this morning, they have changed hers. She is ringing work to see if they will let her change her holidays. Like you say, only saving grace is that she doesn't also have to sort out car hire, hotels etc

What a nightmare

Strange thing is they now fly out at 1am in the morning from Halifax - the airport always used to shut around midnight - I know because we always used to get the last flight out from Zoom and one time when the plane had technical problems, we had to wait three hours on the plane whilst they fixed it- because all the staff at Halifax had already gone home:huh:
Hope they don't cock that up as well

Arty May 16th 2009 7:09 pm

Hi All,
there seems to be a block on us going to Nova Scotia if it's not bloody Zoom it's bloody Globespan.
The moral of the story is NOT TO BOOK WITH S**TE.
Looks like i will have to rearrange accom and car hire.
:frown:

budcolin May 16th 2009 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Arty (Post 7577692)
Hi All,
there seems to be a block on us going to Nova Scotia if it's not bloody Zoom it's bloody Globespan.
The moral of the story is NOT TO BOOK WITH S**TE.
Looks like i will have to rearrange accom and car hire.
:frown:

Tell me about it.....Although we didn't have a problem rearranging our car hire and accom, so hopefully you'll be the same.
On the plus side you're allowed an extra 5KG luggage as it's a bigger aircraft (yippee):blink:
I'd also be pissed off if i was going to Toronto:sneaky:

Arty May 16th 2009 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by budcolin (Post 7577767)
Tell me about it.....Although we didn't have a problem rearranging our car hire and accom, so hopefully you'll be the same.
On the plus side you're allowed an extra 5KG luggage as it's a bigger aircraft (yippee):blink:
I'd also be pissed off if i was going to Toronto:sneaky:

Hi Budcolin,
we booked with Canadian Affair for carhire ,who did you use.
Cheers
ARTY

budcolin May 16th 2009 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Arty (Post 7577774)
Hi Budcolin,
we booked with Canadian Affair for carhire ,who did you use.
Cheers
ARTY

Hey Arty, we used carhire3000.com.:thumbup:I was down your way working last week (well Kilbirnie).

Colin

Arty May 16th 2009 8:15 pm

Hi Budcolin,
and you got out without losing any digits :rofl:
I looked at car3000 but got a better deal thru CA,maybe not as good a deal as i thought ,if memory serves me right they charge £25 for any changes to the booking.
Arty

budcolin May 16th 2009 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Arty (Post 7577805)
Hi Budcolin,
and you got out without losing any digits :rofl:
I looked at car3000 but got a better deal thru CA,maybe not as good a deal as i thought ,if memory serves me right they charge £25 for any changes to the booking.
Arty

No price was exactly the same...although i was expecting a price hike:)

Arty May 16th 2009 8:28 pm

Well lets hope it's worth the hassle ,have a good trip when it comes :)
Keep in touch.
Arty @Co

Cookie May 16th 2009 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by rach_woz99 (Post 7577275)
:(Yep rang my mum this morning, they have changed hers. She is ringing work to see if they will let her change her holidays. Like you say, only saving grace is that she doesn't also have to sort out car hire, hotels etc

What a nightmare

Strange thing is they now fly out at 1am in the morning from Halifax - the airport always used to shut around midnight - I know because we always used to get the last flight out from Zoom and one time when the plane had technical problems, we had to wait three hours on the plane whilst they fixed it- because all the staff at Halifax had already gone home:huh:
Hope they don't cock that up as well

The Air Canada flights from Halifax to Heathrow leaves at 11.50pm. Two years ago we flew into Halifax from Toronto and landed at 2.30am so it is open all night. Not all the car hire desks are open at that time though!

budcolin May 17th 2009 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Arty (Post 7577821)
Well lets hope it's worth the hassle ,have a good trip when it comes :)
Keep in touch.
Arty @Co

Cheers Arty.Happy planning:thumbup:

andybeavan May 17th 2009 9:17 am

Have you thought about using Icelandair via Reyjavik?