Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

flights UK - Halifax.. scary prices!

flights UK - Halifax.. scary prices!

Old May 10th 2011, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flights UK - Halifax.. scary prices!

did your police certs expire in that time and did you have to get new ones? I was thinking that was a good indicator of timeframe but maybe it's not?
Old May 11th 2011, 8:28 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izzi81
I'm optimistically having a look at flights from Uk (Glasgow) to Halifax, in the hope that later in the year we might need them to land. Because we'd be travelling in October-November, Air Canada seems the only real option, but I was stunned to see it's going to be over £700 each! When we flew out 2 years ago it was over £500 and I thought that was pricey.

What I'm wondering is... do Air Canada have sales that I should hold off for, or should I really be thinking about booking before they reach the scary heights of £900 (which some flights are priced at for different days). Is there any other airlines I should consider - bearing in mind the time of year? I've been looking for flights from Glasgow but I suspect would consider other starting points if it saved me a lot.

We're also thinking about going to the US while we're over there, so as a wee extra if someone can give me a good site for US domestic flights that would be handy too! (we're proposing to drive to Boston and fly from there - at the moment anyway, this might all get far too expensive...)
There doesnt seem to be any cheap flights at the mo. Grrrr
Old May 11th 2011, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Oscardon is an unknown quantity at this point

No police certs were fine. So you should be ok, but like I said our Visa's did take longer than expected.