TRAX123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flights to uk

Hi, what airlines are everyone using for their travels home to the uk
with zoom and globespan bust
Thanks
trax
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: flights to uk

Originally Posted by TRAX123
Hi, what airlines are everyone using for their travels home to the uk
with zoom and globespan bust
Thanks
trax
From Toronto, I am using Thomas Cook airlines. Unlike Air Canada, you can have a second orange juice without getting chastised.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

ibbdave is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am also looking for flights this summer back to the UK for a visit (1st in 2 years!)
I've heard that it can be cheaper to book with Cdn Affair via phone to the UK office, rather than online on the Canadian site.
Has anyone tried this before, and if so, does it work? Or do you need to have a UK address/credit card to do this? (I recently closed down all my UK based accounts)
Thanks.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

I always go British Airways for comfort and nice stewards. sometimes the pricing is good.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

I always use Expedia.ca this will give you numerous airlines choices & prices. I then compare the price with expedia.co.uk and use whichever is cheapest. I always find that KLM beats most airlines with price.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:22 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate 17
I always go British Airways for comfort and nice stewards. sometimes the pricing is good.
They also seem to be very congenial with their wine supply.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Oink
They also seem to be very congenial with their wine supply.
a very important consideration
Old Apr 27th 2010, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Summer prices suck!

BA Vancouver London return is around $1800 each
AC Vancouver London return is around $1900 each
Canadian Affair Vancouver London return $1200 each

I would need a substantial amount of free wine to make it worth the extra $600 for BA against Canadian Affair.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Summer prices suck!

BA Vancouver London return is around $1800 each
AC Vancouver London return is around $1900 each
Canadian Affair Vancouver London return $1200 each

I would need a substantial amount of free wine to make it worth the extra $600 for BA against Canadian Affair.
Exactly we paid $3500 for a family of 4 from Vancouver to the UK with CA, BA wanted $6500 which is an awful lot of wine! BA use a scheduled flights, CA are chartered. CA managed to get us into the UK when the BA flight was turned around and sent back to Canada during the volcanic ash debacle. WE usually use BA but they seem to be not offering any deals - maybe its part of the price fixing there have been caught up in!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by getoutofbritainquick
Exactly we paid $3500 for a family of 4 from Vancouver to the UK with CA, BA wanted $6500 which is an awful lot of wine! BA use a scheduled flights, CA are chartered. CA managed to get us into the UK when the BA flight was turned around and sent back to Canada during the volcanic ash debacle. WE usually use BA but they seem to be not offering any deals - maybe its part of the price fixing there have been caught up in!
Yes i saw your postings on the other thread. Great to see you made it there in the end, and back of course.
Didn't see you at Big White this year though.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ibbdave
Hi,
I am also looking for flights this summer back to the UK for a visit (1st in 2 years!)
I've heard that it can be cheaper to book with Cdn Affair via phone to the UK office, rather than online on the Canadian site.
Has anyone tried this before, and if so, does it work? Or do you need to have a UK address/credit card to do this? (I recently closed down all my UK based accounts)
Thanks.
Yup...cheaper over the phone!!

KLM.....Used to work for them - great company to work for but to fly for....They take you around the world to get where you need to be LOL!! Usually via Amsterdam / possibly also via a USA/Canadian destination. Dont know about that with kids!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

For Vancouver locals. I use Seattle airport to go to UK. I have just found flights to London heathrow for less than $1000 return. leaving end May returning mid June. Worth the 2.5 hour drive
Old Apr 28th 2010, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

I'm flying to Manchester from Vancouver (via Amsterdam) in December with KLM and paid $1066 return including all taxes - it was $400 cheaper than BA.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Yes i saw your postings on the other thread. Great to see you made it there in the end, and back of course.
Didn't see you at Big White this year though.
Didn't get to Big White this year - we had planned to go with a group of friends in March but we purchased a new vehicle instead. With the 'forced' trip to the UK for a family wedding (our daughter was a brides maid) we had to limit our spending. We did get to Manning Park for Christmas which was awesome and a weekend in Whistler though. The local ski hills didnt get much snow until after the Olympics so skiing was limited this year

Hope to do a road trip down the west coast of US this summer rather than relying on flights. The news in the UK says the coast of flights are about to rocket due to the ash crisis and the cost of oil so dont fancy wasting money on flights when there is so much we still have not explored and can do be road.

Hope to get our OK fix as well as the weather warms up. How are things in the OK?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Didn't get to Big White this year - we had planned to go with a group of friends in March but we purchased a new vehicle instead. With the 'forced' trip to the UK for a family wedding (our daughter was a brides maid) we had to limit our spending. We did get to Manning Park for Christmas which was awesome and a weekend in Whistler though. The local ski hills didnt get much snow until after the Olympics so skiing was limited this year

Hope to do a road trip down the west coast of US this summer rather than relying on flights. The news in the UK says the coast of flights are about to rocket due to the ash crisis and the cost of oil so dont fancy wasting money on flights when there is so much we still have not explored and can do be road.

Hope to get our OK fix as well as the weather warms up. How are things in the OK?
Yes things are good here in Kelowna. Today we have experienced UK style rain which is much needed. Had a wicked winter ski season this year with mild temps and we bought a new vehicle also.
My son wants to go to UK for a catch up with old mates and my wife may also go but i will stay here. We have the business to consider and it is so difficult to justify those flight prices for 4 people.
Looking forward to some more Canadian camping trips and maybe a trip over the border this summer too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.