British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Flights to Regina. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/flights-regina-845019/)

---mlm--- Oct 13th 2014 4:08 pm

Flights to Regina.

Can anyone tell me of any airlines that do direct flights to Regina? I have searched but can only find flights with stops/connections. TIA :thumbsup:

christmasoompa Oct 13th 2014 4:14 pm

Re: Flights to Regina.

I don't think there are any from the UK.

But have a look on a website like Skyscanner maybe? Then you can search all UK airports and direct flights only to see if any airport anywhere does there.

Former Lancastrian Oct 13th 2014 4:22 pm

No direct flights from the UK. You will be going via Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton or Chicago, Denver or Minneapolis.

kellys247 Oct 13th 2014 5:22 pm

We are flying glasgow-Iceland-Edmonton then driving the 6ish hours to Regina (OH wants to get his bearings and do the scenic route lol) but our family members will be flying glasgow-edmonton-Regina when visiting.
As cristmasoompa mentioned, skyscanner is a great site ro plan your journey and compare flight prices! Also googleflights is worth a look!

Good luck 👍

Aviator Oct 13th 2014 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by kellys247 (Post 11437167)
We are flying glasgow-Iceland-Edmonton then driving the 6ish hours to Regina (OH wants to get his bearings and do the scenic route lol) but our family members will be flying glasgow-edmonton-Regina when visiting.
As cristmasoompa mentioned, skyscanner is a great site ro plan your journey and compare flight prices! Also googleflights is worth a look!

Good luck 👍

There is no scenic route to Regina! - You can almost see Regina from Edmonton.

kellys247 Oct 13th 2014 10:29 pm

Ahahahahaha aviator! Oh well, suppose eye-spy with the kids will be a struggle lol

Lorna_D Oct 23rd 2014 4:42 pm

I use Air Transat for cheaper flights into Calgary and drive up. There are no direct flights into Regina. We often go to Wales from Regina via Minneapolis and Schipol into Cardiff. Not always cheap and a veeeeeeeeeerrrrrry long time.

Photoplex Oct 23rd 2014 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Aviator (Post 11437381)

I was about to say the same thing - then remembered the Saskatchewan motto - "Land of Living Skies".

If you get lucky the skies can be breathtaking in the prairies. And if it's winter, and night, you might get lucky and see the Aurora Borealis.

Photoplex Oct 23rd 2014 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by kellys247 (Post 11437167)
We are flying glasgow-Iceland-Edmonton then driving the 6ish hours to Regina (OH wants to get his bearings and do the scenic route lol)

6ish hours? Maybe if Doc Brown is driving you in his tricked out time travelling DeLorean.

If you're travelling by regular car, try 8-9 hours. If it's winter, with snowy and icy roads, try 10+ hours.

kellys247 Oct 23rd 2014 6:58 pm

lol photoplex........ aahh well, we have waited months so whats a few more extra hours :)

Photoplex Oct 23rd 2014 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by kellys247 (Post 11448203)
lol photoplex........ aahh well, we have waited months so whats a few more extra hours :)

Good attitude! Is it going to be winter?

kellys247 Oct 23rd 2014 7:26 pm

yip, looks like we will be there just for the lovely temperature to plummit!!!
we fly out on 11th november so not hoping for bbq weather!

Photoplex Oct 23rd 2014 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by kellys247 (Post 11448257)
yip, looks like we will be there just for the lovely temperature to plummit!!!
we fly out on 11th november so not hoping for bbq weather!

November 11th? That's t-shirt and barbecue time still! There might be the odd snow flurry but it shouldn't be bad by then. Roads might actually be a bit quieter with it being Remembrance Day too.

kellys247 Oct 23rd 2014 7:50 pm

well that is a bit of good news! lol il postpone the purchase of snowsuits till later haha
Yea well we fly glasgow-iceland on the 11th for 1 night stop-over and then again another stop over when we arrive in edmonton so will be the 13th before we hit the road to Regina so hopefully roads will still be reasonably quiet :)

scrubbedexpat091 Oct 24th 2014 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Aviator (Post 11437381)

There is no scenic route from the Ontario/Manitoba border all the way until Jasper.....:rofl:

After spending hours on the train from Toronto to Vancouver, that was the most boring, long, flat country I have ever had to experience.....

Luckily most of Sask is overnight, but Alberta isn't much better the next morning... ha ha