Flights to Nova Scotia

Wikiposts

Flights to Nova Scotia

Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:36 am
Visa Feb 2008,

Andrea&Mark is on a distinguished road
Smile Flights to Nova Scotia

Hi all,

We are looking to go over to NS on a research trip this summer and we are not sure who to fly with.
We flew Canadian Affair/Thomas Cook to Calgary and the service was bad, but the plane to NS is all premium seating with 35" seat pitch which is good but they only fly Thursdays

Has anyone used Zoom? and if so what are they like. Do the TV's in the seats? has anyone paid extra for bulkhead seats or premium?
Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

dkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Flights to Nova Scotia

We have flown Zoom - no problems, good value particularly when they first started flying, harder to get the deals now. No TV's in the back of seats. Worth upgrading to Premium if only to get a little cushioning on the seats, although you could probably get away with it to Halifax if money is tight.
It is worth checking Air Canada flights. They have been the cheapest option the last twice we have flown between UK and Halifax.

Hope that helps

Deborah

Originally Posted by Andrea&Mark
Hi all,

We are looking to go over to NS on a research trip this summer and we are not sure who to fly with.
We flew Canadian Affair/Thomas Cook to Calgary and the service was bad, but the plane to NS is all premium seating with 35" seat pitch which is good but they only fly Thursdays

Has anyone used Zoom? and if so what are they like. Do the TV's in the seats? has anyone paid extra for bulkhead seats or premium?
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrea&Mark
Hi all,

Hi
We flew Zoom to Halifax from Gatwick last July.
Everything was fine.
Plane was quite old (it still had the little cups to stub out ciggarettes in the seat arms) and I thought it was very cramped. No seat back TV.
We flew with Canadian affair (thomas Cook) back from Ottawa the year before.
Nice seats more leg room, but again no seat back TV.
Given the choice I would fly Thomas Cook, but in reality would book whoever was cheaper at the time.
There is also Globespan (air transat) flying to Halifax now. I havn't flown with them but the are in the same sort of league as Canadian Affair and Zoom for price etc.

Pennyhp

Pennyhp
Old Feb 16th 2006, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Last year I had a dreadful experience with Zoom to Halifax, massive delays, no sound working on movies or radio, ran out of meals, hostess trapped my hand between trolley and seat, laughed at me and blamed me for being "in the way".

Would never consider using them again.

Canadian Affair were fantastic, great service, on time everything working and polite!! Even extra leg room , this ones a no brainer for me!
Old Feb 16th 2006, 2:58 am
RJH
Forum Regular

RJH is on a distinguished road

I'm trying Air Transat this year, got a single to Halifax in June for £179. Flew Thomas Cook airways Airbus A330 to Vancouver with seat back TV about 18 months ago. Very good.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 4:04 am
Visa Feb 2008,

Andrea&Mark is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Flights to Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by RJH
I'm trying Air Transat this year, got a single to Halifax in June for £179. Flew Thomas Cook airways Airbus A330 to Vancouver with seat back TV about 18 months ago. Very good.

Thanks everyone for the info and experiences. The flight isn't to long so no seat back tv's shouldn't be a problem, you don't get to watch much with a 2 year old anyway

Thanks
Andrea & Mark
Old Feb 16th 2006, 4:39 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Just want to echo the advice to regularly check Air Canada pricing. It can and does vary tremendously from week to week and month to month and is also very seasonable. For example LHR to St. John's can vary from GBP300 to GBP700 depending on when you look and when you book!

Upsides of A/C is despite its reputation it is a scheduled airline and the planes are relatively nice. (Cant remember about seat back tv's through). Downside for Halifax at least is having to stop at St. John's and clear emmigration which adds an hour and a half to the journey.