Reload this Page >

Flights for my dog!

Wikiposts

Flights for my dog!

Old Jul 18th 2021, 3:59 am
Just Joined

Bayford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights for my dog!

I did think of that but she does look exactly like a pug, just not with a squashed face! Also her vaccination records have her down as as jackxpug....bit of a give away! Haha! I do have options now thanks to glsgls-
I was wondering though....would we be able to land at a different province to Ontario, seeing as our work permits will be issued in Ontario? Just thinking as glsgls- suggested a roadtrip through provinces whether this would be doable? Silly question I know but I can't seen to find an answer to it so I'm assuming that it would be ok?
Old Jul 18th 2021, 4:09 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bayford
I did think of that but she does look exactly like a pug, just not with a squashed face! Also her vaccination records have her down as as jackxpug....bit of a give away! Haha! I do have options now thanks to glsgls-
I was wondering though....would we be able to land at a different province to Ontario, seeing as our work permits will be issued in Ontario? Just thinking as glsgls- suggested a roadtrip through provinces whether this would be doable? Silly question I know but I can't seen to find an answer to it so I'm assuming that it would be ok?
Why would you add on several extra hours of flight and then a 5-6 day drive across Canada particularly when there are restrictions in force due to Covid?

You may be questioned at Vancouver Airport as to why you didn't fly direct to Toronto Pearson Airport - yes, questions would be asked particularly as you have to get consent to fly into Canada presently and the LMIA will name the company in Ontario. The LMIA work permit (and on the back of that the spousal open work permit) will be issued at your first port of entry.

British Airways fly to Toronto as do most of the other airlines - you could fly on Air Transat to Toronto, taking your pup as accompanying baggage at a very reasonable cost (airpet types of companies can cost hundreds of £'s). They fly direct and take snub nose dogs - (see my earlier posts upthread with links)
Old Jul 18th 2021, 4:23 am
Just Joined

Bayford is an unknown quantity at this point

That's true, it would be a longer flight, something we obviously want to avoid...hence why we aren't going to be booking Turkish airlines with 2 flights. I'm just trying to come up with as many options as possible and would be using the drive across as a way to see the country with lots of stop offs rather than a long, grueling drive. If all goes to plan, I have everything crossed, we will be able to get the air Transat flight straight into Toronto and I will have been trying to come up with a thousand different "fall back" ideas for nothing! I will go back over your link(thank you), I did have a read but I've been reading so much recently my poor brain has gone into overload! 🤯