Reload this Page >

Flights from London to Vancouver

Flights from London to Vancouver

Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Greenstriper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights from London to Vancouver

Hi

Can anybody recommend the best airline to fly to Vancouver with? We will be two adults, one 2 year old child and a 6 month old baby (not looking forward to the flight already!!)

If anybody has done this route with young children, which airline would you recommend? Also, is it better and cheaper to buy an open return or a one way ticket?

Thanks for any advice you can give us!

Louise
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:40 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights from London to Vancouver

Originally Posted by Greenstriper
Hi

Can anybody recommend the best airline to fly to Vancouver with? We will be two adults, one 2 year old child and a 6 month old baby (not looking forward to the flight already!!)

If anybody has done this route with young children, which airline would you recommend? Also, is it better and cheaper to buy an open return or a one way ticket?

Thanks for any advice you can give us!

Louise
We always use British Airways. Tried most of the others and been particularly dissatisfied with them. I always like a bit of comfort on a long flight, which I did not get from the charters and Air Canada have never been that helpful or accommodating. The price of tickets vary daily, best to check with the airline as to which is the cheapest for your chosen dates. We had a closed return, cheaper than a one way. Also depends on your immigration status as to whether the airline will allow you to get on with a one way or immigration will allow you in.

You're going to get more suggestions than you can shake a stick at on here.

Last edited by Surrey Expat; Aug 26th 2008 at 2:21 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

David W is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried www.canadianaffair.com ? We've used them lots of times now and the flights are pretty good value. They offer an upgraded service too which might be a good idea with having one of the kids on your knee? My experience with them is that the Thomas Cook Airlines flights are better than the Air Transat and My Travel flights they offer.

BTW, I'm 6'4 so I know all about kneeroom!
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Polar Bear will become famous soon enough

Try Zoom Airlines www.flyzoom.com

That's what we flew on and brought the dogs over with - upgrade to premier seating though. Not much more expensive, and worth it. Sometimes they have special offers where your children fly free (something to consider as they get older). They just have to pay the taxes.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Greenstriper is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for the advice. I flew with Canadian Affair before to Nova Scotia and they were fine if a little cramped, but we did not have the kids then which makes life trickier!

I think I will try BA, although they only seem to fly out at 17.10 each day which is not that convenient, but heh, Vancouver here we come!
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:49 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenstriper
Thanks very much for the advice. I flew with Canadian Affair before to Nova Scotia and they were fine if a little cramped, but we did not have the kids then which makes life trickier!

I think I will try BA, although they only seem to fly out at 17.10 each day which is not that convenient, but heh, Vancouver here we come!
If you pick Tuesday departures the price can be much cheaper. I just checked yesterday Vancouver-Heathrow-Vancouver was only $268 each way if Tuesday (in September), much higher on the other days. My total was less than $550 return - but then had to add almost $600 in taxes and fuel surcharge!