Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flexible Return Flights

Flexible Return Flights

Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

mr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud of
Default Flexible Return Flights

Does anyone know if these are available to purchase?

I'm awaiting my visa and am contemplating going over to Canada as a visitor under dual intent and waiting out my PPR there.

However if i get a 3 month return ticket and still dont have the PPR by then I'd like to extend the return date to keep immigration sweet.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:52 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flexible Return Flights

Originally Posted by mr.mac

I'm awaiting my visa and am contemplating going over to Canada as a visitor under dual intent and waiting out my PPR there.

However if i get a 3 month return ticket and still dont have the PPR by then I'd like to extend the return date to keep immigration sweet.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Air Canada or BA allow you to change the dates very easily. Costs around £50 per ticket to do. You should get this option with bog standard tickets.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:54 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Flexible tickets are most certainly available. They can be rather costly. It's even possible to change your dates with cheapos. That can also cost a bit.

I'm very familiar with buying tickets online but I wouldn't try in the circumstances you describe. I'd use a travel agent.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

mr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by el_richo
Air Canada or BA allow you to change the dates very easily. Costs around £50 per ticket to do. You should get this option with bog standard tickets.
Excellent I'll stick the wife on a cheap Transat flight and I'll fly BA
Old Jun 10th 2009, 11:44 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent I'll stick the wife on a cheap Transat flight and I'll fly BA

I always buy online via either BA or AC website (mainly BA) and i've changed dates many times with them without issue. Like i said, it's £50 with BA and i think it's around $100 CAD with AC. You can change dates even on the cheapest tickets so that's also not a worry.

When are you looking to fly?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

first half of august hopefully.

I thought 3 months would be a good enough buffer to get my visa bearing in mind we sent the application in March (god help me if its longer!) without pushing the 6 month thing too much.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:21 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

The trick with a cheaper ticket that has a change fee is when you book it, book for the furthest date out you can (often nearly a year ahead). Then, when you know your date pay only one change fee - rather than potentially having to change a few times (assuming your return date might be somewhat uncertain).

Another idea is to nest a ticket in the middle of this one, so you buy a new Canada to UK to Canada ticket - if you think you are coming back to Canada in the year