Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

First post - UK Passport renewal advice..?

Wikiposts

First post - UK Passport renewal advice..?

Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Zenderquai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First post - UK Passport renewal advice..?

Hello!

I've had a look around the forum at the various passport renewal threads, but couldn't find one that dealt with the particular issue I've got right now. I've also called around the various consuls in Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa, to very little benefit (most refusing to provide passport advice)..

I'm just about to apply for a passport renewal (I Live and work in Edmonton). I've stressed over getting pics with the grey background, and am wondering whether I should submit my old passport for renewal with or without my Work Permit still stapled to it.

I've made scans of every page, should things get lost/mislaid in the post - but should I include the still-attached work permit in my renewal application?

Any advice would be most gratefully received!

Thanks in advance!

Nick.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:58 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First post - UK Passport renewal advice..?

I took mine out when I renewed my passport. I was worried they would lose it, or not return it.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 1:01 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

The grey background to the photos was no problem to get for me, I went to a local photoplace and they just photoshopped it in! No problems with the renewal as a consequence. Pics do need to be the right size and have the correct background and info stamp, so take the sheet with the requirements with you so that they get all the details right.

I would keep your origianl work permit, and perhaps send a photocopy to cover the bases. I doubt the UK folks care about it to be honest.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 2:19 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry too much about the background, we got our passports done at Shoppers Drug Mart. Take out anything stapled and keep it safe.