Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

First 3 months health insurance

First 3 months health insurance

Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:18 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First 3 months health insurance

The quote I got was for a couple in the mid-age bracket hence dearer price (I hope that was why).

Rich.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:44 pm
MCC
Forum Regular

MCC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the Info Gideon and Rich. Hopefully it will be cheaper for us as we're going to Nova Scotia and they cover you from when you arrive. We'll just travel for a few days before we get there. So we'll take it for one month!!!

Just one more thing to do with the other thousands over the next 2 weeks!!!

All the best

MCC
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

pocockc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MCC
Thanks for the Info Gideon and Rich. Hopefully it will be cheaper for us as we're going to Nova Scotia and they cover you from when you arrive. We'll just travel for a few days before we get there. So we'll take it for one month!!!

Just one more thing to do with the other thousands over the next 2 weeks!!!

All the best

MCC

Hi

I am moving to Canada in November. What is the deal with Health Insurance? Why 3 months. Why can you not user travel insurance. What the difference?
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 3:19 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pocockc
Hi

I am moving to Canada in November. What is the deal with Health Insurance? Why 3 months. Why can you not user travel insurance. What the difference?
It can be tricky to get travel insurance if you are emigrating.

It depends on the province you go to whether you are instantly covered or not. (Eg in BC it is the 3rd month after you arrive, so you might only need it for 2 months and 1 day for example)

Cheers

Clare
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

pocockc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ClareBC
It can be tricky to get travel insurance if you are emigrating.

It depends on the province you go to whether you are instantly covered or not. (Eg in BC it is the 3rd month after you arrive, so you might only need it for 2 months and 1 day for example)

Cheers

Clare
I am moving to London, Ontario. Would I still need travel insurance for the flight and the first few days.