finding jobs

Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: finding jobs

Originally Posted by insearchoflife
Do they have jobs?
Well, yes there are one or two jobs available in the whole of Canada. Care to be a bit more specific? Which area and what kind of job?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

insearchoflife will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Well, yes there are one or two jobs available in the whole of Canada. Care to be a bit more specific? Which area and what kind of job?
Molecular Biology have a PhD.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by insearchoflife
Molecular Biology have a PhD.
OK, well I'd suggest you start your own thread as this is about radiology, that way more people with experience of your occupation will answer as well.

Also, if you can say whereabouts you hope to go that would be helpful. And whether or not you already have PR or a visa as that will influence the answers you are given.

Old Feb 16th 2011, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

insearchoflife will become famous soon enough

Thanks - will start one on Molecular Biology related.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MegaJamie
I don't wish to derail Heidi40's thread, but I don't see a point in making a new one when there seems to have been some more radiographers find their way in here.

So can I quickly ask, did you guys do the CAMRT exam before / after / during getting a PR.

I read that there website had a jobs database for members on it, but I'm guessing if heidi is having trouble its not as good as all that, so next question.

Once passing CAMRT, did you reigster for multiple provinces of interest and hope to find a job in one, or look for a job then apply to that provinces gov body if you found one?
I took mine before PR. Provinces have differing rules on how you register with the governing body and so how you apply to CAMRT. In Ontario you have to be approved by CMRTO (The equivalent to HPC) before you can write the exam.

Jobs, depends on the province. Not many full time jobs in Ontario.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
OK, well I'd suggest you start your own thread as this is about radiology, that way more people with experience of your occupation will answer as well.

Radiography which is acquiring the images including CT and IV injections. Radiologists are the physicians who interpret the images and carry out procedures such as angiography.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

MegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I took mine before PR. Provinces have differing rules on how you register with the governing body and so how you apply to CAMRT. In Ontario you have to be approved by CMRTO (The equivalent to HPC) before you can write the exam.

Jobs, depends on the province. Not many full time jobs in Ontario.

I was thinking of doing that, but with target areas being BC, which I believe is register after CAMRT and Ontario, which as you say is Pre-CAMRT, I think I'm looking at a logistical nightmare of test taking!

Did you take the test in the UK or go to Canada? I've seen mixed reports on other websites whether or not we can take the test here (financially thats the best option for me, but I'll never knock a trip to Canada!)

Rather ironically I saw a perm full time Interventional/Rotational position in Hamilton a few months ago, that would have been perfect for me!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MegaJamie
I was thinking of doing that, but with target areas being BC, which I believe is register after CAMRT and Ontario, which as you say is Pre-CAMRT, I think I'm looking at a logistical nightmare of test taking!

Did you take the test in the UK or go to Canada? I've seen mixed reports on other websites whether or not we can take the test here (financially thats the best option for me, but I'll never knock a trip to Canada!)

Rather ironically I saw a perm full time Interventional/Rotational position in Hamilton a few months ago, that would have been perfect for me!
I took it in the UK. I'm not sure if you can still do that.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

heidi40 will become famous soon enoughheidi40 will become famous soon enough

I took it in the UK. I'm not sure if you can still do that.
I checked that with the CAMRT before our arrival and they said I can't. I should take it in Canada.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:15 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

There will be quite a few radiographer jobs up for grabs in BC shortly.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:48 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Neither knowledge of, or qualifications in, radiography are necessary.

Apparently.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:05 am
Account Closed

I think you mean radiologist
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:49 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you mean radiologist
You are almost certainly right. I know nothing about this - a bit like the people employed in BC hospitals.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:39 am
Account Closed

You are almost certainly right. I know nothing about this - a bit like the people employed in BC hospitals.
I am certainly right. Twas the radiologists who misread images not radiographers taking the images wrongly.